I came out to a completely dead battery this morning any one else have this happen

I came out to a completely dead battery this morning any one else have this happen
I will say this...the batteries that are installed by manufacturers today are really bad. Don't fully understand why, but I am hearing about this across all brands of vehicles. May be a bad cell...which happens...or you have a parasitic draw somewhere that needs to be troubleshot. Hopefully just a crap battery, but keep us posted.

I will say this...the batteries that are installed by manufacturers today are really bad. Don't fully understand why, but I am hearing about this across all brands of vehicles. May be a bad cell...which happens...or you have a parasitic draw somewhere that needs to be troubleshot. Hopefully just a crap battery, but keep us posted.
Thanks for input Going to call the road side assistance I guess since nothing is open today

Effing twice already. Once mid summer and now once in the winter…at the airport. Had to sit and wait for 20 minutes for a jump in a freezing cold truck. Completely dead and couldn’t even power up the dash. I have a 10 year old car that has a more reliable battery. It’s ridiculous. I plan to bring this up at the dealership…

Effing twice already. Once mid summer and now once in the winter…at the airport. Had to sit and wait for 20 minutes for a jump in a freezing cold truck. Completely dead and couldn’t even power up the dash. I have a 10 year old car that has a more reliable battery. It’s ridiculous. I plan to bring this up at the dealership…
Not the dealerships problem...batteries today are being manufactured like crap and it's happening to most everyone regardless of vehicle manufacturer. I just go and buy a top tier battery, install it myself, and call it a day. Look at Northstar/Odyssey batteries. The Northstar X2 can be found at www.batteriesplus.com. EnerSys makes both Northstar and Odyssey, they are the two most highly rated batteries on earth. They are used in most all BIG diesel rigs and most all data centers as back-up batteries during a power failure. Worth looking into IMPO. Oder on-line and save 10% and another 3% through Rakuten.

You guys should really buy a lithium jump pack. I've got a couple of them. One is around 6 years old. They are pretty small and good piece of mind. I also prefer using it then hooking my truck up to some random vehicle to jump them off. Never know what electrical issues they have going on. I used mine the other day in my ZR2 to jump someone off at my son's school.

You guys should really buy a lithium jump pack. I've got a couple of them. One is around 6 years old. They are pretty small and good piece of mind. I also prefer using it then hooking my truck up to some random vehicle to jump them off. Never know what electrical issues they have going on. I used mine the other day in my ZR2 to jump someone off at my son's school.
100% agree. I have either NOCO's or Hulkman's in all 5 of my cars. Better to have than not to have and so easy to use and jump.

Happened to the wifes AT4, ended up being the rear seat heater module having a 1 amp draw when truck was off. Module is on backorder so they disabeled the heaters and no issues since. Have service writer look into PIT 5750B, thats what they did to her truck.

Last edited:
100% agree. I have either NOCO's or Hulkman's in all 5 of my cars. Better to have than not to have and so easy to use and jump.
NOCO is the one I have in my ZR2. They make good stuff. I have a few of their chargers also. Amazon runs sales on their stuff pretty often. But even the cheap generic jump packs are pretty decent. The one in my wife's car has been used a bunch and still holds a charge. I don't even carry jumper cables anymore.

This… I keep Noco’s in all my vehicles.

So there’s a recall because the running lights come on on there own and they said that’s what prob killed the battery I suggest everyone go in before it happen to them

So there’s a recall because the running lights come on on there own and they said that’s what prob killed the battery I suggest everyone go in before it happen to them

Are you sure it's not a TSB versus a recall? Do you have a reference number for this TSB? Should be on the service order. Thanks!

Last edited:
The other suspicious thing is I just dropped OnStar I’ve never used it in my life and of coarse I get Bombarded with emails for signing back up …… makes me wonder the have the ability to shut your rig down

They told me recall
Interesting...typically, recalls are for safety related issues. A dead battery, caused by a rear seat heater module, are normally TSB's. Please post the recall number and your service order once you have it. Thanks!

Got the same recall on my wife's escalade about the daytime running lights. There's some law where they have decided that having the daytime running lights on at the same time as the high beams violates because it creates too much glare, so they have a software update recall that disables the DRL when the high beams are on to be compliant with this regulation.

A98DFB7A-B446-4959-AE2B-50CA5E2C9E9A.jpeg

Most Member Reactions

Back