I came out to a completely dead battery this morning any one else have this happen

This is most definitely a recall, but not the reason for a dead battery. This is while the truck is on and running at night with headlamps on. My truck was parked for a few days with the dead battery. I have a jumper pack just didn’t have it in my truck because why would I expect a 7 month old truck battery to die lol

Not the dealerships problem...batteries today are being manufactured like crap and it's happening to most everyone regardless of vehicle manufacturer. I just go and buy a top tier battery, install it myself, and call it a day. Look at Northstar/Odyssey batteries. The Northstar X2 can be found at www.batteriesplus.com. EnerSys makes both Northstar and Odyssey, they are the two most highly rated batteries on earth. They are used in most all BIG diesel rigs and most all data centers as back-up batteries during a power failure. Worth looking into IMPO. Oder on-line and save 10% and another 3% through Rakuten.

Do these hold up in normal driving? Heard maybe doing short trips was bad for them. What is considered short trips? Do you have to charge them or do anything different than with lead acid? Also seems like they are sensitive to over charging. What’s the chances of that in vehicles like the ZR2?

Do these hold up in normal driving? Heard maybe doing short trips was bad for them. What is considered short trips? Do you have to charge them or do anything different than with lead acid? Also seems like they are sensitive to over charging. What’s the chances of that in vehicles like the ZR2?
These are lead acid batteries, so I am unclear on your questions. You do not have to do anything different to these than any other battery. Short trips...long trips...makes no difference.

These are lead acid batteries, so I am unclear on your questions. You do not have to do anything different to these than any other battery. Short trips...long trips...makes no difference.
I thought these were the AGM batteries. Hear mixed reviews about those. Sorry for the confusion

I thought these were the AGM batteries. Hear mixed reviews about those. Sorry for the confusion
AGM are lead acid batteries...just a different construction process. AGM batteries are FAR better than conventional lead acid batteries today.

Most Member Reactions

Back