Icon Upper Control Arms

ZR2EDDYB

Reaction score
Is anyone here running the Icon upper control arms after leveling? If not, what are you running and did it align properly?

I was also eyeing peak suspension control arms and it’s interesting to note on their website they claim 1” spacer on the front is true level.

Also, curious about the claims of the Delta Joint vs. Uni-ball. The claim is the delta joint is somewhat sealed to keep debris out. The Peak control arms are completely open units at the ball joint.

Reactions: AXE
Also, curious about the claims of the Delta Joint vs. Uni-ball. The claim is the delta joint is somewhat sealed to keep debris out. The Peak control arms are completely open units at the ball joint.
I've run plenty of open ball joints in lifted trucks. They usually have a grease cup to keep grease in and some of the debris out. If you grease them often the old grease and debris get pushed out and they seem to last a long time.

Is anyone here running the Icon upper control arms after leveling? If not, what are you running and did it align properly?

I was also eyeing peak suspension control arms and it’s interesting to note on their website they claim 1” spacer on the front is true level.
I just installed the Peak spacer plates and Cognito UCAs this weekend and got a perfect level, back to front. Most bullet proof control arm I've ever seen, thick plate steel with serviceable covered ball joint. Still need to take it in for alignment, but even not aligned the improved caster geometry and ball joint angle is very smooth and noticeable. Cognito says in their installation instructions that alignment tech may not be able to bring caster to factor specs any longer but gives you the setup range. Paving way for Icon 17x8.5s with Open Country RT trail 35s next.🤞

Attachments

• 20230827_143243.jpg
    20230827_143243.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 20230827_143310.jpg
    20230827_143310.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 151
I've run Cognito lifts on my Duramax and they are awesome, built very well and never a problem. When you want new ball joints you can bolt them in in just minutes.

I just installed the Peak spacer plates and Cognito UCAs this weekend and got a perfect level, back to front. Most bullet proof control arm I've ever seen, thick plate steel with serviceable covered ball joint. Still need to take it in for alignment, but even not aligned the improved caster geometry and ball joint angle is very smooth and noticeable. Cognito says in their installation instructions that alignment tech may not be able to bring caster to factor specs any longer but gives you the setup range. Paving way for Icon 17x8.5s with Open Country RT trail 35s next.🤞
Did you just install the Peak plate or did you do the plate and spacer ring? I’ve been thinking about doing a level on my truck.

Did you just install the Peak plate or did you do the plate and spacer ring? I’ve been thinking about doing a level on my truck.
No spacer ring, just the plate levels the truck nicely. Around 1"or so.
With either spacer ring they offer you would probably be nose up a touch. At least my truck would have been... not sure if all these trucks are identical heights from the factory! You can always block the rear to level back up.....

No spacer ring, just the plate levels the truck nicely. Around 1"or so.
With either spacer ring they offer you would probably be nose up a touch. At least my truck would have been... not sure if all these trucks are identical heights from the factory! You can always block the rear to level back up.....
Thanks

I’ll also probably go the peak spacer route.

I’m seeing 35’s will fit if you are willing to trim.

The_Q
Cognito says in instructions that factory wheels will hit. They clear by about 1/4". Avoiding spacers till new wheels arrive.
No issues at all..

Attachments

• 20230901_154634.jpg
    20230901_154634.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 73
The_Q
Cognito says in instructions that factory wheels will hit. They clear by about 1/4". Avoiding spacers till new wheels arrive.
No issues at all..
Dang. I was hoping to try the peak spacer plate, upper control arms, and keeping stock wheels but going 295 70’s to give me a leveled truck and fill things out just a bit more. Wonder if the peak UCA would allow me to keep stock wheels. Anyone know?

Dang. I was hoping to try the peak spacer plate, upper control arms, and keeping stock wheels but going 295 70’s to give me a leveled truck and fill things out just a bit more. Wonder if the peak UCA would allow me to keep stock wheels. Anyone know?
Cognito offers another UCA (110-91207) that will work with the Peak plate and stock wheels. That’s the route I’ll be going. I’ll eventually swap wheels and tires, but the stock wheels are good for now.

Cognito offers another UCA (110-91207) that will work with the Peak plate and stock wheels. That’s the route I’ll be going. I’ll eventually swap wheels and tires, but the stock wheels are good for now.
Perfect, thanks for the insight. 👍

Do we have a list of confirmed upper control arm fitment?

The ZR2 is listed as not fitting on Icon’s page.

Reactions: AXE
Did yall's ride characteristics change after leveling?

I leveled my old truck and it made it ride worse.

Most Member Reactions

Back