InfoPAINment cameras

185EZ

Reaction score
Other than all the annoying start up messages that you have to turn off and especially the one that says "focus on your driving" and you have to touch the screen twice lol.
So much for keeping my eyes on the road
Maybe this is normal but I have the rear camera on to watch what I'm towing.
I turn on a turn signal for lane change or turning and the side cameras come on. Cool.
Then the back camera doesn't come on unless I touch the camera icon again.
What a PITA going down the hwy and you have to keep touching the screen.
Am I doing something wrong?

Other than all the annoying start up messages that you have to turn off and especially the one that says "focus on your driving" and you have to touch the screen twice lol.
So much for keeping my eyes on the road
Maybe this is normal but I have the rear camera on to watch what I'm towing.
I turn on a turn signal for lane change or turning and the side cameras come on. Cool.
Then the back camera doesn't come on unless I touch the camera icon again.
What a PITA going down the hwy and you have to keep touching the screen.
Am I doing something wrong?
are you using the trailering program? i see the trailer icon from home screen.

are you using the trailering program? i see the trailer icon from home screen.
No, I guess that's what I don't know.
I'm just using the camera system. It shows the trailer behind me.
When I use a turn signal the back camera goes off and doesn't come back on when the turn signal is cancelled.
I will look into the trailering program

I run into this towing as well. Very annoying to have to turn the rear camera on. Haven't figured out to have it default to rear view. There are a few tweeks that could make this inPAINment alot better. Wish GM would just ask

If you get a 2500HD, all your camera towing problems go away.
I think a lot of problems will go away
As time goes on it's not the cool truck anymore and beginning to regret my purchase

Going in today for my first free service.
Having them check the radio going in and out on start up just like the air conditioning
And now something rolling around under the hood cowl

good luck...see if you can get some camera info from a tech or salesman.
The service guy only checks the truck for fault codes.
Anything else he has to assign a tech to it.
Almost as if he doesn't want to say anything.
Just like when I told him about the turn signal not working. He never heard of that .

I dropped the truck off and it was busy.
He said about an hour and a half for the service, oil change and tire rotation.
I told him about something under the cowl and he said it might take all day for someone to look at it.
He didn't even want to hear it.

Just like when I told him about the turn signal not working. He never heard of that .

I told him about something under the cowl and he said it might take all day for someone to look at it.
Unfortunately, that’s super common with dealerships and their service department. Recalls and warranty are all they’re good for in my opinion. It sucks that it feels like the days of people going the extra mile out of kindness or pride in their craft are becoming so rare…

im gonna suggest researching finding a new dealer. there are really good ones but not sure if you have that option. fyi, all of your issues should be listed on the RO when you bring your truck for service. let them state, " issue not found". at least its documented for future. my local dealer blows but my selling dealer about 90 minutes away treats me great. yeah its a pain in the ass but worth it.

I really didn't want to buy from the local dealer. But I know the owner and he set me up to test drive chevy and ford.
I also had 2 trades and it would have been a pita to drive around searching. And they had the truck in stock.
All the dealers here tack on a "adjusted market fee" or something like that for $5000.
They take it off and say they give a discount lol.

I think a lot of problems will go away
As time goes on it's not the cool truck anymore and beginning to regret my purchase
The infotainment system and electronics is the weak link. I never had issues for the first 8 months on my 22, but last 8 months I've had a lot of infotainment issues. Just recently my cameras front and rear started going black when I am pulling forward or backing up. I've had the most recent update in January. It was good for a while, but now more issues.

So what you mean is money solves everything.
Not really, it's got just as many issues! I've had 0 codes on my 1500 in 10k miles and 4 on my 2500HD in 1500 miles.

But the cameras have more functionality for some reason, primarily they stay on while driving. Not sure why they can't update the 1500s.

The infotainment system and electronics is the weak link. I never had issues for the first 8 months on my 22, but last 8 months I've had a lot of infotainment issues. Just recently my cameras front and rear started going black when I am pulling forward or backing up. I've had the most recent update in January. It was good for a while, but now more issues.
The messages on start up are ridiculous.
It never defaults to where you left off.
You first have to "dismiss" one notice or X out of the next one and then click on the icon you want.
At least I deleted the auto start stop. One less button to push lol.
Some days I'm in and out of my truck multiple times so it gets frustrating

When you drop off your vehicle they walk around checking for damage.
They had 2 people look at my truck.
I walked around twice myself when I picked it up and didn't see a thing.
Drove 2 miles home and saw this.
Not sure how I could have missed that
oil.jpg

The messages on start up are ridiculous.
It never defaults to where you left off.
You first have to "dismiss" one notice or X out of the next one and then click on the icon you want.
At least I deleted the auto start stop. One less button to push lol.
Some days I'm in and out of my truck multiple times so it gets frustrating
100% dismisals are a pain.

Most Member Reactions

Back