Electronic Issues - 2022 Was First Year w/ Big Screen

JSqueezy

Reaction score
I own a 2022 Trail Boss with the 13" screen for the infotainment system, purchased March 2023. In the first year, I've had a few electronic issues.
1. Backup camera fails intermittently. I get a black screen with a camera error icon and then it comes back after a few seconds. It only happens at night.
2. My collision warning light gets stuck in the "collision" light. I have to pull the fuse to reset the system.
3. Stereo volume gets stuck (can't adjust up or down) when there's a message or option indicator on the dash.

Questions - Could I have a lemon? Or could it be as simple as needing a software update? Could this be several unrelated issues?

Lots of similar complaints. One thing you might do is get this latest update to the electronics and go from there. There has been some recent success reported with this update.

I just did mine and initial results are promising.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240131_084259_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240131_084259_Gallery.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 27
  • SmartSelect_20240131_084503_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240131_084503_Chrome.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 27
I have a 2024 and the infotainment screen wouldn't respond to any touch commands this evening. The steering wheel buttons would work and show the new channel I tuned to, the volume bar would appear when I adjusted the volume with the steering wheel buttons and the hard buttons for the hvac would show the fan speed graphic, Apple car play also showed up on the screen when I called the dealer service department to get their input. The tech told me to try unhooking the negative battery terminal for 30 seconds to see if that works. It worked and all seems normal now.

My truck has 710 miles on it. First issue and hopefully the last. Let us know how your issue plays out.

Last edited:
Lots of similar complaints. One thing you might do is get this latest update to the electronics and go from there. There has been some recent success reported with this update.

I just did mine and initial results are promising.
Thank you. I'm going to try to connect the truck to my home wifi when I get home this evening and try to run the update.

After digging around more, I found the way to properly reboot the infotainment system is to put the vehicle in park and hold down the phone hang up button on the steering wheel for 15 seconds. A good way to get out of a frozen screen, if that helps until you can get it fixed the right way.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back