Infotainment System

CanZr2

Founding Member
Reaction score
Now that my on on star trial is over, how do I sign myself out of GM's infotainment system so I can just use android auto. All of my text messages go through the gm unit now that I need a data plan for and it doesn't read my messages so it's useless for me.

I don't know why they don't let you hot spot off your phone

Now that my on on star trial is over, how do I sign myself out of GM's infotainment system so I can just use android auto. All of my text messages go through the gm unit now that I need a data plan for and it doesn't read my messages so it's useless for me.

I don't know why they don't let you hot spot off your phone
$$$$$

He was saying they make it difficult so people will pay..

You can hot spot off your phone, but some features don't work. You can also connect to your home wifi, but again some features don't work. You should be able to use android auto to read your txt messages with out a data plan though

A system reset seems to be the easy button on this problem.

Lots of features of course are tied into the data plan. It’s kind of the par for the course in the automotive industry.

Some features will be limited in functionality. Welcome to the screen with a vehicle built around it mentality.

Whatever does “work” will be in the limitations of the hands free functionality of Android Auto or CarPlay.

Most Member Reactions

Back