Infotainment

Think we’re all experiencing the same issue. My last trip into the dealership for service was 2 weeks ago. They told me there was an update they’d run that was a fix. For about 2 days it work flawlessly, but then it went back to the old problem of going mute after start ups. C’mon GM, get this fixed!!

im thinking @coleyjj has a different issue. i have ZERO issues after startup drops.
Mine doesn't do it after startup, but still has the occasinaal fade from SiriusXM and also the confused navigation has happen again. It's not as bad as it had gotten, but trending. Some days it's just fine. That's partly why I think it's janky hardware or wires.

Ever since the dealership updated mine in February, it seems to have gotten worse. I have a 2hr commute everyday, and mine does it probably 10-15 times.
Make sure they are doing the correct update. As of January it was posted in a thread, something along the lines of this.

Some have just needed a new system.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240428_104420_Reddit.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240428_104420_Reddit.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 17
I have the issue. Just started this afternoon. Complete audio loss with static coming from front top dash speakers. Lasted a few minutes. Turned the truck off, waited a few and then started back up with no issues. Only 500 miles on the truck. Had it less then a month. Frustrating.

Mine would not work Sunday morning, no speed limit and no google maps, drove truck again a few hours later and it was working.

Mine would not work Sunday morning, no speed limit and no google maps, drove truck again a few hours later and it was working.
Same, Sunday morning and mid afternoon around 2pm EST. I have not driven since, I will have to check tonight. Is it common for this to have periodic outages?

Same, Sunday morning and mid afternoon around 2pm EST. I have not driven since, I will have to check tonight. Is it common for this to have periodic outages?
no, not common but not surprised. i had an issue sunday morning upstate ny. maps had me in new hamshire in my buddy TB. lasted about an hour.

I have experienced an outage that Onstar confirmed was an outage. Only happened once so far.

Has anyone experienced the google maps not finding itself or not showing the speed limit?
I had this happen last fall. It's when all of a sudden I got alot of issues that I didn't see before. Finely got the update in January and everything was good for about 6 weeks, now slowly going to shit again.

Seen it briefly on my wife's Tahoe on a road trip around that same time. Her infotainment system has been pretty good overall.

Hold down the call button for several seconds and the computer will reboot. Somebody posted the specifics on that procedure.

Most Member Reactions

Back