Interior Badging

Wildturkey707

Reaction score
Hello all my ZR2 friends! I am seeing some talk about the lack of ZR2 badges / Labels / Embroidery all of these things on the interior of the vehicle. My question for any of you out there is concerning "Badging" what type of adhesive or glue is to be used to attach a badge inside the vehicle on a surface without damaging it or it being permanent? I agree some additional badging or the 42 Stich embroidery might look nice but am worried that if I clear Gorilla Glue a ZR2 badge to my dash if I ever want it off the dash will come with it lol. Help me out with ideas, suggestions and pics of what you guys have done. Thanks Again.

Yes I ordered the badging and the cupholders from him. He shows a pic with the badging on but says he doesn't want to give out the adhesive he used cause he thinks he would be liable or something.

Reactions: AXE
Hello all my ZR2 friends! I am seeing some talk about the lack of ZR2 badges / Labels / Embroidery all of these things on the interior of the vehicle. My question for any of you out there is concerning "Badging" what type of adhesive or glue is to be used to attach a badge inside the vehicle on a surface without damaging it or it being permanent? I agree some additional badging or the 42 Stich embroidery might look nice but am worried that if I clear Gorilla Glue a ZR2 badge to my dash if I ever want it off the dash will come with it lol. Help me out with ideas, suggestions and pics of what you guys have done. Thanks Again.
dont use gorilla glue. 3m adhesive/ double stick should be fine.

It specifically says not to use it on Leather. I was thinking of putting the ZR2 badge on the secret storage above the glove box. Like I said I am just worried it would leave residue if I want to remove later or put it on and don't like it instantly lol.

It specifically says not to use it on Leather. I was thinking of putting the ZR2 badge on the secret storage above the glove box. Like I said I am just worried it would leave residue if I want to remove later or put it on and don't like it instantly lol.

Attachments

• 20240405_154834~2.jpg
    20240405_154834~2.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 21
Yes I ordered the badging and the cupholders from him. He shows a pic with the badging on but says he doesn't want to give out the adhesive he used cause he thinks he would be liable or something.
They make a really thin double sided tape for these type of applications. It may not hold up to heat. That thick gray tape Will look sloppy if it sits flush with edge of badging.

Also, they make several kinds of hot glue with different adhesion levels. You could use the lighter adhesion and prechill the surface with an ice cube and then apply to avoid heat damage. Test in an inconspicuous area they say.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back