Introduction

jdingo

Reaction score
Hey all,

Have always loved the ZR2 series and finally picked one up today. 2024 Slate Gray 6.2. I had a trailboss I was able to capitalize on for trade in value. Glad there is a community for this and happy to be a part of it. I do not have a ton of knowledge in this area yet but learn more daily. Reason I have the and love this version is because I am up in the Northeast and do a tremendous amount of hunting. Both in guiding or my off time. Logging roads are no joke and I was tired of having to baby it. Hoping this rig loves it!

I have a couple simple questions I believe-

Best protective coating? I did some ceramic package on prior truck. It looked great but still seemed to get scratches.

Does adding cold air intake like KN add anything to HP or fuel?

Best undercoat to discourage salt and rust damage?

Thanks for letting me join and hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpeg
    IMG_1771.jpeg
    677.1 KB · Views: 49
Hey all,

Have always loved the ZR2 series and finally picked one up today. 2024 Slate Gray 6.2. I had a trailboss I was able to capitalize on for trade in value. Glad there is a community for this and happy to be a part of it. I do not have a ton of knowledge in this area yet but learn more daily. Reason I have the and love this version is because I am up in the Northeast and do a tremendous amount of hunting. Both in guiding or my off time. Logging roads are no joke and I was tired of having to baby it. Hoping this rig loves it!

Best protective coating? I did some ceramic package on prior truck. It looked great but still seemed to get scratches.

Welcome! Answers in order you wrote them:

1. You can do paint protection film if you like. Pricey but offers great protection. I am a BIG fan of a quality ceramic and have it on my ZR2
2. CAI's are a BIG waste of money and do nothing
3. Fluid Film is great stuff

I hope you enjoy your truck as much as I do mine!

Welcome! Answers in order you wrote them:

1. You can do paint protection film if you like. Pricey but offers great protection. I am a BIG fan of a quality ceramic and have it on my ZR2
2. CAI's are a BIG waste of money and do nothing
3. Fluid Film is great stuff

I hope you enjoy your truck as much as I do mine!
Fluid film is not compatible with the GM wax coating that is on the frame. It has solvents, sonit will eat the wax away.

You're better off keeping it clean and doing an occasional undercarriage wash. Then touch up with a compatible product like this one as the wax gets thin and wears away.

I posted a thread and HuntRedi posted some other stuff he uses.

Attachments

• 20231110_124404.jpg
    20231110_124404.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 25
Welcome!

1. I chose to do PPF on the front end (hood, front fenders, front bumper and headlights). The rest of the truck was treated to a quality, professional ceramic coating.
2. As @securityguy stated, CAI is a waste of money. A good washable filter, either dry or oiled will be your best spent money.

Hey all,

welcome. im gonna add you to the Northeast meet n greet.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back