Just got a check from my dealer!

Diesel328

Founding Member
Reaction score
So I ordered my 2022 ZR2 silverado on 12-15-2021. The truck was built on 2-28-2022 and delivered on 5-18-2022. I paid one price increase due to the build date. Well I just received a check in the mail for 1153.44 that stated "refund PPR incentive not reflected." I texted my salesman and he told me that GM honored the price at the date I ordered it, and refunded me the difference. That dropped the total price of my truck to 61,057.56 after my GM employee discount.
If you ordered your truck before or during some of the price increases you should be getting a check.

Last edited:
So I ordered my 2022 ZR2 silverado on 12-15-2021. The truck was built on 2-28-2022 and delivered on 5-18-2022. I paid one price increase due to the build date. Well I just received a check in the mail for 1153.44 that stated "refund PPR incentive not reflected." I texted my salesman and he told me that GM honored the price at the date I ordered it, and refunded me the difference. That dropped the total price of my truck to 61057.56 after my GM employee discount.
If you ordered your truck before or during some of the price increases you should be getting a check.

Unless the credit got applied to the original sale price.

Glad to hear it!

Mine was taken off at the hour and half attempt of games at the sales table.

How a cut and dry deal of price protection minus GMEP took that long I have no idea.

Glad to hear it!

Mine was taken off at the hour and half attempt of games at the sales table.

How a cut and dry deal of price protection minus GMEP took that long I have no idea.
You would be surprised by how many dealers there are that don't know how price protection works on sold orders. It's not their fault either as GM has done a horrendous job of letting dealers know how the process works.

How does one go about initiating this themselves? Salesman and myself have copies of me ordering it at price X but would only make a purchase agreement at price Y at time of pickup.

You would be surprised by how many dealers there are that don't know how price protection works on sold orders. It's not their fault either as GM has done a horrendous job of letting dealers know how the process works.
@GearheadSS Is there a dealer document I can refer the dealer to for them to understand how it works? My truck is finally close and I just want to make sure I'm prepared for this conversation. I briefly mentioned it to the salesman and he said there's no price protection... So I know this is going to take some conversations on my end to make this happen. Any guidance you can relay is appreciated. Thanks!

Most Member Reactions

Back