Just Ordered My ZR2 HD Slate Grey August 2nd

OP
ZR2Cajun

ZR2Cajun

Reaction score
I placed an order for a 2024 ZR2 HD in Slate Grey Metallic with a Duramax. Has anyone else here been able to order one yet?
1691311359256.png
1691311464088.png

So it looks like about $101k OTD or thereabouts. Seems a little steep to me. Did you ask for any discounts?

I better call my dealer and see where mine came in. I didn't really get accurate pricing because the order system wasn't up yet. Haven't followed up, but I was expecting to be low 80s and told them I was expecting same discount as my other rigs between 8-10% off MSRP.

So it looks like about $101k OTD or thereabouts. Seems a little steep to me. Did you ask for any discounts?

I better call my dealer and see where mine came in. I didn't really get accurate pricing because the order system wasn't up yet. Haven't followed up, but I was expecting to be low 80s and told them I was expecting same discount as my other rigs between 8-10% off MSRP.
It will be $95,114.6 out the door before rebates. I get supplier pricing through my work place and a veteran discount. So more thank likely is will be about 91K out the door. I added 4K in accessories so the original price was about 86K. It runs about the same price as the High Country which starts at $82,385 with the Duramax so i have no clue how you order it below 80K before discount.

Reactions: AXE
It will be $95,114.6 out the door before rebates. I get supplier pricing through my work place and a veteran discount. So more thank likely is will be about 91K out the door. I added 4K in accessories so the original price was about 86K. It runs about the same price as the High Country which starts at $82,385 with the Duramax so i have no clue how you order it below 80K before discount.
You ordered a 2500 ZR2 already? With Gas or Duramax engine? Because i had been having my name with my dealership since the beginning of the year and they called me on August 2nd to let me know they had just become available for ordering.

Most of the High Country trucks around here are stickered at about $82,500-83,900. I'd do one of those for $76,500. Which puts you OTD about $85k. So if the ZR2 shocks and wheels/tires are adding $10k more, not sure that is worth it. For $10k you can get a 6 inch Cognito lift, any tires/wheels you choose and airbags and it'll look better.

Last edited:
Got one on order as well. the local dealer actually ordered a 1500 Zr2 w/ 3.0 duramax and a HDZR2 w/ duramax at the same time and gave me the option on what I wanted - same color, same options (sunroof, tech, and multiflex). I added 5th wheel prep on the HD and the msrp was right at $9000 difference between the two, HD obviously being higher. When I thought about it, I felt like I would essentially get an HD Zr2 truck at the same price and paying the L5P / "allison" combo upgrade which I think is a $9500 option on HD's. It was pretty hard to turn down the HD at that point for me given I do a lot of hunting out west, camping, floating, hiking, etc but also run a cattle operation so could use the 2500 payload hauling machinery, hay, and cattle. I read somewhere the 1500 Zr2 w/ 6.2 liter is a touch more than the 2500 zr2 w/ gas motor, i don't see how that's accurate but given the pricing I got from the dealer it may be true. Don't quote me... LOL

Got one on order as well. the local dealer actually ordered a 1500 Zr2 w/ 3.0 duramax and a HDZR2 w/ duramax at the same time and gave me the option on what I wanted - same color, same options (sunroof, tech, and multiflex). I added 5th wheel prep on the HD and the msrp was right at $9000 difference between the two, HD obviously being higher. When I thought about it, I felt like I would essentially get an HD Zr2 truck at the same price and paying the L5P / "allison" combo upgrade which I think is a $9500 option on HD's. It was pretty hard to turn down the HD at that point for me given I do a lot of hunting out west, camping, floating, hiking, etc but also run a cattle operation so could use the 2500 payload hauling machinery, hay, and cattle. I read somewhere the 1500 Zr2 w/ 6.2 liter is a touch more than the 2500 zr2 w/ gas motor, i don't see how that's accurate but given the pricing I got from the dealer it may be true. Don't quote me... LOL
So what was the price if you don't mind me asking?

That's sort of how I figured the 2500HD about +9-10k MSRP over 1500. Which essentially represents the Duramax + Allison combo. I am noticing a lot of LTZ and High Country HDs coming into stock around here. I think there will be some deals in Q4. I kind of need a tow rig by early October, so not sure what I'll be doing now.

I did price out a new sxs, they are only $40k now, so pricing on trucks should be about $150k.

So what was the price if you don't mind me asking?
I didn’t write it down, I’ll ask when I hear from them and let y’all know. I just remember “essentially $9k” and found that interesting given I knew what the L5P/Allison upgrade was on an HD

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back