Kicker Subwoofer

Riggs

Reaction score
I just had my Kicker installed at the dealer and on the way home I was loving the sound.

I purchased the bass knob as per everything I've read, but when I got home to install it, the amp was completely enclosed. No switches, or headphone jack.

Anyone else get this? I mean, it sounds great OTS to be honest.

I thought someone mentioned they were now wired differently and sealed and produce good sound without the dial wired in. I think Kicker/GM made the change to improve performance.

I just had my Kicker installed at the dealer and on the way home I was loving the sound.

I purchased the bass knob as per everything I've read, but when I got home to install it, the amp was completely enclosed. No switches, or headphone jack.

Mind posting the out the door price?

hmmm...post a pic of the box... pre-amp should be inner side of the plastic box, driver side.

i gotta get this already...everybody seems to agree it helps make a crappy Bose into a decent Bose. can i get the correct part number?

hmmm...post a pic of the box... pre-amp should be inner side of the plastic box, driver side.
Getting that little prick out was tough, so I won't be doing it again unfortunately. It is a completely sealed black amp box. There was no connector plug for the power or rubber "butt plug" for the headphone jack. The power wire runs right into the amp. Green LED and that's it.

i gotta get this already...everybody seems to agree it helps make a crappy Bose into a decent Bose. can i get the correct part number?
If you like bass and are not someone who is big into the sound system scene, you'll love it. All my vehicles have had a 10" sub with a decent amp powering them (Bigger and more powerful than this little guy) and this sounds just as good if not better.

This goes without saying that upgrading the speakers would make it even better.... but just this upgrade made it better 10 fold.

Sounds like they made changes which is a good thing. I installed one 3 months ago and it had the switches and port. Also no green LED. I also installed the knob.

I installed the Kicker about a month ago, happy with the upgrade. My friends at the dealership told me that the factory did some upgrades to the system to work with the stock Bose through the software. It's adjustable through the info system direct now. Mine was backordered for 4 months, It looked different than the one I saw on the order sheet at the time I ordered it. Looks clean installed and it does help the sound. I would think a few speaker changes would even be better. But maybe that's for another day. I paid around $925.00 with installation and I'm in Hawaii where everything cost more including this truck.

If you like bass and are not someone who is big into the sound system scene, you'll love it. All my vehicles have had a 10" sub with a decent amp powering them (Bigger and more powerful than this little guy) and this sounds just as good if not better.

This goes without saying that upgrading the speakers would make it even better.... but just this upgrade made it better 10 fold.
i just like good sound. im def not an audiophile. its also funny im gonna install a 2nd sub in an existing system with a sub. think about it. lol. frickin Bose........damn youuuu!!

I installed the Kicker about a month ago, happy with the upgrade. My friends at the dealership told me that the factory did some upgrades to the system to work with the stock Bose through the software. It's adjustable through the info system direct now. Mine was backordered for 4 months, It looked different than the one I saw on the order sheet at the time I ordered it. Looks clean installed and it does help the sound. I would think a few speaker changes would even be better. But maybe that's for another day. I paid around $925.00 with installation and I'm in Hawaii where everything cost more including this truck.
aloha!!!

20230419_193012.jpg

Here's the new amp setup for anyone interested in seeing it.

It cost me CAD $1068.04 +HST (13%) which included install. I see a Canadian site that offers genuine parts selling it for almost $200 less than the list price I paid. I think they don't ship to our US brethren, sorry...

It looks like I received an updated unit as well, couldn’t find the dip switches on my amp, even removed the metal cover. No audio jack either, guess I have to return the bass knob. Finished the job tonight , Installation wasn’t too bad. It took me a few hours and there were a few pain points along the way. Everything powered on perfectly, it’s definitely an upgrade to our Bose audio. Im really glad I pulled the trigger and bought it. Paid around 680 from the shopChevyparts site.

It looks like I received an updated unit as well, couldn’t find the dip switches on my amp, even removed the metal cover. No audio jack either, guess I have to return the bass knob. Finished the job tonight , Installation wasn’t too bad. It took me a few hours and there were a few pain points along the way. Everything powered on perfectly, it’s definitely an upgrade to our Bose audio. Im really glad I pulled the trigger and bought it. Paid around 680 from the shopChevyparts site.
Nice. after that description, i have no choice but to pull the trigger.

Nice. after that description, i have no choice but to pull the trigger.
If you decide to do it yourself, make sure you have a splicer tool or something small to make the cuts for the two electrical taps/splices you have to install. I used a razor blade and it was a pain in the ass being down in that area cutting with it. I felt like I was defusing a bomb, was a bit nerve wrecking as I didn’t want to fully cut a factory wire from the harness. Everything else was fairly easy, just floor trim removal and some patience for the routing of the harness. If I had to pay someone to do it, I would say anywhere between $200-$300 would be worth it.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back