Krown / Fluid film undercoating

ZR2kids

Reaction score
Hello,

Very proud owner of a 23’ black ZR2 Just looking for some ideas on what others have used in states with salty roads.​

Attachments

• FF16B2FD-AD31-485F-80E1-BB261BFC3B38.jpeg
    FF16B2FD-AD31-485F-80E1-BB261BFC3B38.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I sprayed mine with Cosmoline RP-342. I like it because it hardens and doesn’t leave oily residue like wool wax does. Plus it’s thinner and sprays easier. We will see how it holds up long term

I wouldn't use Fluid Film or any other petroleum based coatings. It will break down the grease the factory uses to coat the frame. Don't ask me how I know. Still searching for a good product that is compatible with that coating.

I use Krown on my Zr2 and used it previously on an AT4 I had. Happy with the results, did what it needed to do.

I use Fluid Film on everything but the frame (due to the reason mentioned earlier regarding the factory coating impact)…it’s great for certain areas IMO.

I wouldn't use Fluid Film or any other petroleum based coatings. It will break down the grease the factory uses to coat the frame. Don't ask me how I know. Still searching for a good product that is compatible with that coating.
While I don’t disagree with the idea, the factory grease coating does a pretty good job of breaking down by itself. I think it’s important to reapply as often as necessary, probably yearly, but I think other coatings do a better job for longer than the factory

This is what I use. I did a lot of research and found this to be the best in my opinion.
Corrosion Free Rust Cure Formula 3000 1G/4L Jug, Great for Vehicles, Buses, Tractors, snowblowers, mowers, Rust Prevention, Rust Inhibitor, undercoating https://a.co/d/1GR5xJM

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most Member Reactions

Back