Leaf spring noise

Kaholik24

Reaction score
Any one else getting what sounds like the leaf springs creaking? It just started after 3000 miles, I can hear it going over any little bump and it is getting annoying!!!

I had it. I had it on one side and got the whole leaf spring pack replaced under warranty. fixed it 100%

I just addressed the same issue. The knocking and clunking started in & out of driveway, then got progressively worse. Dealer greased leaf springs and tightened everything up… lasted 2 days… came back. Had leaf springs replaced under warranty… lasted maybe 2 days, then started up again. Was driving me nuts.

Resolved issue using “Spring-Thing” (link below). Very common problem with multiple models. Best $56.55 I ever spent.

When leveling truck, I had mechanic install the rubber pads between top 2 leaf springs. Took him 10-15 min tops. I haven’t had an issue since.

1687404214479.jpeg

Any one else getting what sounds like the leaf springs creaking? It just started after 3000 miles, I can hear it going over any little bump and it is getting annoying!!!
We had a similar issue with our 2023, and there is a service bulletin out for it. A quick one day repair at the dealer resolved it for now.

Mine did it terribly when I first got it. After about 5,000 miles it resolved itself.

Reactions: AXE
Mine did it terribly when I first got it. After about 5,000 miles it resolved itself.
I’ll second this. Backing into my driveway I could hear the packs. After some break in the noise stopped.

My advice is to let them wear in.

I started getting the creaking noise at 9k miles. A little annoying on the trails

Last edited:
I have the creaking, knocking noise . Took it to the dealer and they ordered replacement isolator paks. I have been waiting 4 weeks for them to come in. Dealer said they are on back order stating with the strike they are having problems getting replacement parts. You would think that GM would have had this problem prior to production and would have addressed it. Starting to question GM's quality.

We had a similar issue with our 2023, and there is a service bulletin out for it. A quick one day repair at the dealer resolved it for now.
Well the new isolators came in after a 4 week wair. Dealer installed and stated they are bigger than the ones that came on the truck when new. So far the springs are quiet hope it stays that way.

Well the new isolators came in after a 4 week wair. Dealer installed and stated they are bigger than the ones that came on the truck when new. So far the springs are quiet hope it stays that way.
Does your work order show the part number for the new isolators?

Is the creaking/clacking sound there when you jump on the rear bumper or running boards etc?? Mine is doing is from about 2000 miles after new then the dealer changed the leaf springs and they were good for about another 2000 miles and now clacking again bad.

I just addressed the same issue. The knocking and clunking started in & out of driveway, then got progressively worse. Dealer greased leaf springs and tightened everything up… lasted 2 days… came back. Had leaf springs replaced under warranty… lasted maybe 2 days, then started up again. Was driving me nuts.

Resolved issue using “Spring-Thing” (link below). Very common problem with multiple models. Best $56.55 I ever spent.

When leveling truck, I had mechanic install the rubber pads between top 2 leaf springs. Took him 10-15 min tops. I haven’t had an issue since.

View attachment 5784
What kind of noise did you have exactly if you could explain it. Would it pop & clack even if you jumped on the rear bumper or back of the truck? Was it sort of a metallic like clack?

Yep I had the same issue. Took it to the dealer and there is a service bulliten out for this issue. They replaced the fiber spacers between the leaf speings. The new spacers are thicker. There was no cost to have this done. It has ben approx 4,000 miles and all is still quiet.

Damn! I have been complaining from the same noise! Even when i park the car, i can hear it! it is ANNOYING. Feels like the car is driver for more than 10 years! Complained couple of times, the grease it, nothing changes. What now?

View attachment 5784
well done! excellent info.

Most Member Reactions

Back