Learning about ZR2s

Hi all, thanks for the add. I joined to learn about ZR2 trucks and get some education before I buy one. Happy to be on board. DH
What's there to learn? Just open your wallet and buy one...you know you want one ;) Every day that goes by without a ZR2 is just another day of depression and unhappiness:cry:

Before the Z I wore a size 65 in pants (strechy) now my quads have quads
Probably from all the walking from the Z being at dealership. Mine has been there since 12/2. Service manager said may be 2 to 3 more months. I’ve even tried to trade, but they don’t seem to interested. Might be looking at other avenues. Will be a long process but what’s one more month right?

Probably from all the walking from the Z being at dealership. Mine has been there since 12/2. Service manager said may be 2 to 3 more months. I’ve even tried to trade, but they don’t seem to interested. Might be looking at other avenues. Will be a long process but what’s one more month right?
You can Lemon Law that thing???

LOVE the look, the ride, the mechanical aspects. Am completely puzzled on ridiculously redundant options that do not work correctly. You can set mirrors to deploy (or not) maybe four different ways. Maybe someone needs that many options, I don't know. But no matter how I set them, sometimes they work, sometimes not. Just a lot of puzzling things with the infotainment system. I thought it was just me not knowing what I'm doing, but no, it is a little aggravating and doesn't exactly work like it is supposed to. Sometimes Pandora plays, sometimes not. Change the station, then change it back, and it works again. Weird little quirks. PIA at 70MPH in traffic. Don't keep your keys in your pocket with anything else. Your doors will unlock themselves and will not lock back. Key FOB is HUGE for no reason. And CHANGE THE SETTING for pressing the unlock button twice to unlock doors and roll windows down simultaneously. You WILL wake up one morning with windows down and doors unlocked. I wouldn't need that option if I lived in Death Valley. Nuts. Overall love it, but needs a serious software upgrade.

LOVE the look, the ride, the mechanical aspects. Am completely puzzled on ridiculously redundant options that do not work correctly. You can set mirrors to deploy (or not) maybe four different ways. Maybe someone needs that many options, I don't know. But no matter how I set them, sometimes they work, sometimes not. Just a lot of puzzling things with the infotainment system. I thought it was just me not knowing what I'm doing, but no, it is a little aggravating and doesn't exactly work like it is supposed to. Sometimes Pandora plays, sometimes not. Change the station, then change it back, and it works again. Weird little quirks. PIA at 70MPH in traffic. Don't keep your keys in your pocket with anything else. Your doors will unlock themselves and will not lock back. Key FOB is HUGE for no reason. And CHANGE THE SETTING for pressing the unlock button twice to unlock doors and roll windows down simultaneously. You WILL wake up one morning with windows down and doors unlocked. I wouldn't need that option if I lived in Death Valley. Nuts. Overall love it, but needs a serious software upgrade.
you can shut those window options off in vehicle settings menu. a key fob cover will help with random activation.

Attachments

• 20240205_112123.mp4
    1.4 MB
That’s what I’m debating. Here in Ga we have some of the best lemon law for consumers. I’ve already been looking into it.
Ot sure what your issue is with the truck. If I was you, I would contact GM Customer Service and get this elevated if you haven't done so already.

The service advisor that sits next to my service advisor said she had a customer with a GM buyback over the infotainment system. She said that they had tried to fix it multiple times. She was listening to me discuss the last fupdate with infotainment system.
you can shut those window options off in vehicle settings menu. a key fob cover will help with random activation.
I like that one!

Yes, my warning to a new owner is to fix the window roll down up front. I did the fob cover thing but only got some relief when i bought the leather tool holder and snapped it to my side. I still say the dumbest thing there is would be GIANT fobs. The size of a quarter would be big enough.
My auto door locking software is in complete random mode. Setting? Who knows. But I get some form of locked/mirrors folded; locked/deployed; or just plain unlocked.
Going to start making short videos to show dealer.

Yes, my warning to a new owner is to fix the window roll down up front. I did the fob cover thing but only got some relief when i bought the leather tool holder and snapped it to my side. I still say the dumbest thing there is would be GIANT fobs. The size of a quarter would be big enough.
My auto door locking software is in complete random mode. Setting? Who knows. But I get some form of locked/mirrors folded; locked/deployed; or just plain unlocked.
Going to start making short videos to show dealer.
good luck. did you try a hard reset of the infotainment system? make sure you also hae latest version. sometimes the OTA updates dont work.

Wait…. WHAT? I would have gone postal by now! Please tell me what dealer? In Ga. Right? What is the problem?

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back