Max Trailer Weight

Koboss

Reaction score
I have looked at the stickers on the door post and there are alot of different numbers can someone tell me the max weight for a trailer these trucks will tow, the message popped up on my dash saying that i may be near max towing weight with 8300 lb trailer on.

Thanks in advance

I have looked at the stickers on the door post and there are alot of different numbers can someone tell me the max weight for a trailer these trucks will tow, the message popped up on my dash saying that i may be near max towing weight with 8300 lb trailer on.

Thanks in advance
8900 give or take. Depending who or what is in the cab.

max gross vehicle weight, including tounge weight all passengers and fuel is 7100. (The truck empty weighs about 5,600.)

Or 15,000 GCWR including the trailer.

You bought the truck without knowing it's tow rating?? Like wutang said 8,900. Payload can change a little based on options. The warning doesn't really go off weight. It goes off of the load on the engine. Just knows if something is pretty heavy, doesn't actually know what the weight is. You can turn off the warning in the trailering app.

You bought the truck without knowing it's tow rating?? Like wutang said 8,900. Payload can change a little based on options. The warning doesn't really go off weight. It goes off of the load on the engine. Just knows if something is pretty heavy, doesn't actually know what the weight is. You can turn off the warning in the trailering app.
i new it was around 9k, my 21 RST had the towing package that bumped it upto 12k but i knew when ordering the ZR2 that package wasnt available on these trucks so ya i was aware

Reactions: AXE
i new it was around 9k, my 21 RST had the towing package that bumped it upto 12k but i knew when ordering the ZR2 that package wasnt available on these trucks so ya i was aware
These trucks are also very heavy compared to the other trims. It’s about 600lbs heavier which directly effects payload and trailering. As it shares the same “standard” 6.2 7100 GVWR.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back