Method 703s 17x9 -12

Chris_leonard

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Aussie owner here down under!! 🇦🇺

Lucky enough to be one of only a few to get the ZR2 in Sand dune. It's a super popular colour here in general!!

I've been looking at getting the Method 703s in 17x9 -12/4.8

The question is.... will they fit? I'm told they could possibly hit on the brakes or other suspension componentry.

Would love to know if anyone has fitted this specific rim on the ZR2 or has insight on the -12.

The main reason i ask is they will be a special order.... sooo higher price plus shipping from the US.

Thanks for the help!
Chris

Attachments

• 703s.png
    703s.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 56
I responded to your letter, so you can see my response there, but I wanted to also reply here to ask the rest of the owners who may have much more experience than me with wheel fitment. I’ve ran my 703’s with zero off set and 1” spacers for a year now with no brake clearance issues and can’t imagine that a -12 off set would be any different. For reference I also ran my wheels without the spacers for a couple weeks with no issues either and -12 would further clear the brakes, correct?

I run Method 305s 18x9 | 6x5.5 | -12/4.5" with 295 Toyo RT Trails. Looks way better than stock and rides great.

No problems with clearance around caliper. You have to trim the bumper and wheel well plastic fender liner. I've got a detailed post about it.

I responded to your letter, so you can see my response there, but I wanted to also reply here to ask the rest of the owners who may have much more experience than me with wheel fitment. I’ve ran my 703’s with zero off set and 1” spacers for a year now with no brake clearance issues and can’t imagine that a -12 off set would be any different. For reference I also ran my wheels without the spacers for a couple weeks with no issues either and -12 would further clear the brakes, correct?
Yeh nice.

I just want to know if the 703 are fine.
I run Method 305s 18x9 | 6x5.5 | -12/4.5" with 295 Toyo RT Trails. Looks way better than stock and rides great.

No problems with clearance around caliper. You have to trim the bumper and wheel well plastic fender liner. I've got a detailed post about it.
Yeh sweet.
Did you know if the back of the spoke between the two rims is the same?

Yeh nice.

I just want to know if the 703 are fine.

Yeh sweet.
Did you know if the back of the spoke between the two rims is the same?
Not sure, maybe there's some pictures out there. The only think I don't like about them is they are not hub centric, so need to be real careful torturing them down.

I know there are some benefits to going to 17s for off roading, but I will tell you this truck rides so good with this suspension you may not be able to tell the difference in 17s..

Not sure, maybe there's some pictures out there. The only think I don't like about them is they are not hub centric, so need to be real careful torturing them down.

I know there are some benefits to going to 17s for off roading, but I will tell you this truck rides so good with this suspension you may not be able to tell the difference in 17s..
Soo your suggesting 17s or 18s? The 703s only come in 17s.... thats all.

Reactions: AXE
I didn't know that, but they look the same other wheels in there line up. It may be easier to stick with stock 18 inch size, if clearance is a concern. Then get the rubber you want.

I am currently running the Fuel Off-Road Coverts in 17x9 with -12 offset and don't have any issues with the wheel or brakes. I did have to trim a little of the front driverside inside well. I went a little different on tire choice than most people would have done. I chose the new Goodyear Duratrac R/T in 285/75R17. The ZR2 rides smoother than the stock did. For me, I like the way they sit.

Attachments

• 20231122_164628.jpg
    20231122_164628.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 20231122_102624.jpg
    20231122_102624.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 144
  • 20231123_114838.jpg
    20231123_114838.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 20231123_113918.jpg
    20231123_113918.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 20231123_113904.jpg
    20231123_113904.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 135
I am currently running the Fuel Off-Road Coverts in 17x9 with -12 offset and don't have any issues with the wheel or brakes. I did have to trim a little of the front driverside inside well. I went a little different on tire choice than most people would have done. I chose the new Goodyear Duratrac R/T in 285/75R17. The ZR2 rides smoother than the stock did. For me, I like the way they sit.
Your setup looks great. Just curious on your front end, is that LineX coated? I see the fender flares look coated too. Did you happen to coat the rear bumper too?

Your setup looks great. Just curious on your front end, is that LineX coated? I see the fender flares look coated too. Did you happen to coat the rear bumper too
Gardit Liner Link will take you to more info on what was lined on my ZR2. The simple answer is if it was gloss black it is lined.

I test fit a 703 17 x 8.5 with zero offset, no spacers with stock suspension and they cleared the caliper by 2mm. That means the -12 offset will also fit and clear.

They don't look good until you get the offset right!
Looks wicked!! 🤩

I've pulled the trigger and ordered them!! 😁 Wont be here until late Dec/Jan! Will hopefully have a few things arrive at the same time!

Pretty keen now!! Going to run 35s.

I test fit a 703 17 x 8.5 with zero offset, no spacers with stock suspension and they cleared the caliper by 2mm. That means the -12 offset will also fit and clear.
Good stuff!! Hopefully the wheel/spoke design doesnt come into play so to speak but i think we should be good!

Truck looks tuff.

Hey, just wanted to follow up with the thread. So I went to the Off Road shop where I got my 703’s to see about getting a long range fuel tank and asked about getting some 703’s in -12 offset and it wouldn’t show up when we put a 2022+ Silverado 1500 on the Method website. When you put a 2022 Taco in the Method page they do have 703’s with -12 offset, and even though the Toyota Taco has the same bolt pattern (5.5x6), it has different backspacing, so that’s why you’re not getting recommended to use them, and that’s why the sight isn’t recommending them. Also, according to my order form, the 703’s I have are made for a Silverado with the right backspacing, but they discontinued that model (again, according to the employees at the shop looking up my order record). I hope this helps in any way, but please, do your own research and it also sounds like there are other opinions that have good information too.

Last edited:
Hey, just wanted to follow up with the thread. So I went to the Off Road shop where I got my 703’s to see about getting a long range fuel tank and asked about getting some 703’s in -12 offset and it wouldn’t show up when we put a 2022+ Silverado 1500 on the Method website. When you put a 2022 Taco in the Method page they do have 703’s with -12 offset, and even though the Toyota Taco has the same bolt pattern (5.5x6), it has different backspacing, so that’s why you’re not getting recommended to use them, and that’s why the sight isn’t recommending them. Also, according to my order form, the 703’s I have are made for a Silverado with the right backspacing, but they discontinued that model (again, according to the employees at the shop looking up my order record). I hope this helps in any way, but please, do your own research and it also sounds like there are other opinions that have good information too.
Thanks bud. I have no doubt that they dont meet standard specs but its a bit frustrating that you cant know if the will fit and clear generally. I've bit the bullet and ordered them. Time will tell..... :-D

Thanks bud. I have no doubt that they dont meet standard specs but its a bit frustrating that you cant know if the will fit and clear generally. I've bit the bullet and ordered them. Time will tell..... :-D
I’m pretty sure there won’t be any issues and I can’t wait to see some pics.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back