MGP Caliper Covers ZR2 Red w/ Bolts... Black lugs & Center Caps... Bowtie Valve stems.

Wildturkey707

Reaction score
Just installed this stuff this morning looks great. Of course there was a balancing weight for my rim which required me to trim down the caliper cover a bit on my Drivers front but other than that smooth sailing.

Attachments

• Before Back Wheel.jpg
    Before Back Wheel.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Before Front Wheel.jpg
    Before Front Wheel.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 174
  • After Back Wheel.jpg
    After Back Wheel.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 187
  • After Front Wheel.jpg
    After Front Wheel.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 187
Wow! What a difference! Looks amazing.
Where did you bought the center caps and lugs?

Wow! What a difference! Looks amazing.
Where did you bought the center caps and lugs?
Center caps $30 for 1!!!

I'd highly recommend the Chevy Black Lug Nuts, they are thick and aren't as thin as the less expensive ones you find only, just my opinion only...

Center caps $30 for 1!!!

I'd highly recommend the Chevy Black Lug Nuts, they are thick and aren't as thin as the less expensive ones you find only, just my opinion only...

This is a silly question. But how do you get the centre caps out without damaging them?

I got the new center caps on Amazon it was like $12 bucks for 4. They are a bit recessed compared to stock. I had the wheels off when installing the Caliper Covers so it was super easy to just pop the stock center caps out from the back. Just a little push pop right out.

I got the new center caps on Amazon it was like $12 bucks for 4. They are a bit recessed compared to stock. I had the wheels off when installing the Caliper Covers so it was super easy to just pop the stock center caps out from the back. Just a little push pop right out.
I did the Amazon caps and found the tabs actually break when installed. They stay in place and you won’t realize the tabs are broken until you pull the caps out. I broke down and bought the OEM Chevy center caps.

I was able to install my Amazon ones with out breaking any tabs but there is a trick to it they come with a metal circle in the tabs that is about 80% of the circle... You have to save the gapped section of the metal to go in last if that makes sense. I added a pic for clarification.

Attachments

• PXL_20230515_233553645.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230515_233553645.MP.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 31
This is a silly question. But how do you get the centre caps out without damaging them?
I used a ram camera suction mount I had for my GoPro. The suction cup fits perfectly and is super strong. Put it over the center cap, twist the ram to flatten the suction cup (like you were mounting it to a piece of glass) and pull. Super easy and super fast.

Reactions: AXE
I used a ram camera suction mount I had for my GoPro. The suction cup fits perfectly and is super strong. Put it over the center cap, twist the ram to flatten the suction cup (like you were mounting it to a piece of glass) and pull. Super easy and super fast.
image.jpg

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back