MITS Alloy Tray & Canopy

Hitchcrack

Reaction score
Good Evening all,

I am hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction. In the process of installing a MITS Alloy Tray & Canopy on a ZR2. The tray has LED tail lights already integrated into it. I am having trouble getting the truck to not give a bulb out notification on the rear turn signals. Looking at some wiring diagrams there is a logic board in the rear tail lights. The red wire 5356 receives some type of signal from the logic board. I have tried everything I can think of but not knowing what the BCM is looking to receive on that wire is posing a problem. Everything I am finding on these trucks are folks using load resistors when going from incandescent bulbs to LED. Here are some wiring diagrams for anyone that is interested. With other truck platforms we are able to plug in to the truck and turn off the bulb out indicators but seems thats not an option with GM trucks.

I am going to try calling a dealership but pretty sure its a waste of time. From what I have read on the 2500 platform they can flash the BCM for pickup box delete and it will kill the bulb out detection.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Thanks, Ryan

IMG_6272.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 9.55.06 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 9.58.03 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 9.58.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 9.58.03 PM.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 47

Most Member Reactions

Back