My first two issues have developed!

glocktogo

Reaction score
The first one is just an annoyance. Every time I start the truck, the driver’s side mirror droops. I have the auto-tilt disabled so it doesn’t have anything to do with that. It happens before I shift at all. So now my startup procedure is hit start, disable auto-stop, enter my 4 digit code on the center screen and then raise my driver side mirror back to where it should be.

The other one is more troubling. I can’t tell for sure because of the Bison skid plate, but it looks like I may have a transfer case leak?

Oh well, time to schedule an appointment with the dealership! :(

IMG_0957.jpeg

IMG_0955.jpeg

IMG_7608.jpeg

The first one is just an annoyance. Every time I start the truck, the driver’s side mirror droops. I have the auto-tilt disabled so it doesn’t have anything to do with that. It happens before I shift at all. So now my startup procedure is hit start, disable auto-stop, enter my 4 digit code on the center screen and then raise my driver side mirror back to where it should be.

The other one is more troubling. I can’t tell for sure because of the Bison skid plate, but it looks like I may have a transfer case leak?

View attachment 10698

View attachment 10699

View attachment 10700
no good.

Have you tried putting the mirror in place and then setting your memory setting? The keyfobs are different and the truck knows which is wich. I set my stuff up when I was getting the truck with both keyfobs in the truck. It acted a little weird until I went back through my settings with only my fob in the cab. Probably not the issue. But might be worth checking.

You don't have to enter a code in every time you get in. Turn that off. Along with the log in with phone setting.

Have you tried putting the mirror in place and then setting your memory setting? The keyfobs are different and the truck knows which is wich. I set my stuff up when I was getting the truck with both keyfobs in the truck. It acted a little weird until I went back through my settings with only my fob in the cab. Probably not the issue. But might be worth checking.

You don't have to enter a code in every time you get in. Turn that off. Along with the log in with phone setting.
I originally set all my settings and set them in memory. I really only use one keyfob since I’m the only driver. I’ll try resetting it this weekend and see if that helps.

How do you turn off the code prompt screen?

May need to reprogram your memory settings and make sure they match the key fob your using.

8ball posted those directions to get rid off pin a few weeks back. I already forgot......but its somewhere in settings.....LOL

I originally set all my settings and set them in memory. I really only use one keyfob since I’m the only driver. I’ll try resetting it this weekend and see if that helps.

Settings/security/ choose lock type. Select none

BTW you can leave your phone setup as a trusted device if you have done this already. When you change the setting above it will unselect log in with trusted device, Because you removed the security log in. The trusted device doesn't really do anything other than the log in best I can tell. The log in deal doesn't work very well either. I had it setup on my 22 and it caused all kinds of random problems. One major one was the truck would act like my FOB was missing or dead. My truck actually wouldn't start a couple of times. I haven't messed with it in a while, so maybe they have gotten it sorted now. But honestly unless you let random people drive your vehicle. Really not much point in locking the infotainment.

Last edited:
Settings/security/ choose lock type. Select none

BTW you can leave your phone setup as a trusted device if you have done this already. When you change the setting above it will unselect log in with trusted device, Because you removed the security log in. The trusted device doesn't really do anything other than the log in best I can tell. The log in deal doesn't work very well either. I had it setup on my 22 and it caused all kinds of random problems. One major one was the truck would act like my FOB was missing or dead. My truck actually wouldn't start a couple of times. I haven't messed with it in a while, so maybe they have gotten it sorted now. But honestly unless you let random people drive your vehicle. Really not much point in locking the infotainment.
Awesome, thanks! 🙏

View attachment 10698

View attachment 10699

View attachment 10700
Watching. BTW thanks for the sliders!!

On the 1500's they call out Dexron6 ATF for the transfer case, so it should be red in color, is yours an HD? Do they call out different stuff for them? Definitely looks too clean to be motor oil?
It’s a 1500. It looks yellowish, like hydraulic fluid. It could be power steering or even brake fluid? I tried to poke my phone up around the edges of the skid plate and see if I could locate the source, but no luck. It was concentrated around the tail mount for the transfer case and the back side of the plate, under where the driver’s side cylinder bank is.

It’s a 1500. It looks yellowish, like hydraulic fluid. It could be power steering or even brake fluid? I tried to poke my phone up around the edges of the skid plate and see if I could locate the source, but no luck. It was concentrated around the tail mount for the transfer case and the back side of the plate, under where the driver’s side cylinder bank is.
Since the power steering is electric assist, there is no pump and no hydraulics for that, afaik the only possibility will be brakes since the transfer case and trans should be red in color. I was also thinking diesel (like mine) so your oil could certainly be that color, mine of course is black not very long after a change, but depending on the viscosity it almost has to be engine oil or brake fluid, I guess it is possible that they put in un-dyed ATF at the factory fill, but I wouldn't think so since the dye is simply to help isolate what is leaking, if red then trans or transfer case, if not then it isn't either of those 2 things. I will be very interested to see what they find, but my fear would be ABS module and brake fluid or rear main crank seal and engine oil.

Since the power steering is electric assist, there is no pump and no hydraulics for that, afaik the only possibility will be brakes since the transfer case and trans should be red in color. I was also thinking diesel (like mine) so your oil could certainly be that color, mine of course is black not very long after a change, but depending on the viscosity it almost has to be engine oil or brake fluid, I guess it is possible that they put in un-dyed ATF at the factory fill, but I wouldn't think so since the dye is simply to help isolate what is leaking, if red then trans or transfer case, if not then it isn't either of those 2 things. I will be very interested to see what they find, but my fear would be ABS module and brake fluid or rear main crank seal and engine oil.
I’m just hoping it’s something easy to fix!

i hope its some blow by or something stupid. good luck. keep us informed.

Both of my mirrors droop down. Not every time, but enough that I check them every time I start my truck. I've tried everything, but no luck. Just hate going to the dealership for this. I'm waiting till I have a few reasons to go so I can get everything taken care of at once.

Had the same issue(mirror) on my Tahoe. Just started out of the blue. I am thinking a software update initiated the issue.

Most Member Reactions

Back