My HD ZR2 is finally here!

BKB5

Reaction score
Not very good pics as the weather is terrible and it was late when I got to pick it up, but my new HD ZR2 finally came in. I've had it ordered for quite a while and it's been built and waiting on a bedliner and shipping since mid October. My dealer had a hard time getting updates and then all of the sudden Monday morning he got a text that it was on the truck for delivery that afternoon. I've only driven it about 20 miles home but it rides and drives really nice. It rides every bit as good as my 21 TrailBoss LT that I traded in. I'll post more as I get to spend some time with it but so far I'm extremely impressed. I put a tonneau cover on it last night and I'm going to ceramic coat it this week and have the front windows tinted. I'll post some good pics once I get that finished. Have a great weekend everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_8964.jpg
    IMG_8964.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_8967.jpg
    IMG_8967.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_8966.jpg
    IMG_8966.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Not very good pics as the weather is terrible and it was late when I got to pick it up, but my new HD ZR2 finally came in. I've had it ordered for quite a while and it's been built and waiting on a bedliner and shipping since mid October. My dealer had a hard time getting updates and then all of the sudden Monday morning he got a text that it was on the truck for delivery that afternoon. I've only driven it about 20 miles home but it rides and drives really nice. It rides every bit as good as my 21 TrailBoss LT that I traded in. I'll post more as I get to spend some time with it but so far I'm extremely impressed. I put a tonneau cover on it last night and I'm going to ceramic coat it this week and have the front windows tinted. I'll post some good pics once I get that finished. Have a great weekend everyone.
great lookin truck. congrats.

Excellent! I can guarantee when you get some more seat time you'll think it rides a lot better than that Trailboss. Also, i can guarantee you've never driven a tow rig that rides this good.

I just seen my first 2500HD ZR2 on the road today when I was running an errand. It was a White Bison Edition.

Last edited:
Nice truck! Just curious, are your garage doors 7' tall and if so is it close fit getting your truck through them?

Nice truck! Just curious, are your garage doors 7' tall and if so is it close fit getting your truck through them?
Thank you! My doors are 8' and it goes in no problem. I don't think it would fit under a 7' door. I can measure from the ground to the top of the cab if you need an exact height.

Thank you! My doors are 8' and it goes in no problem. I don't think it would fit under a 7' door. I can measure from the ground to the top of the cab if you need an exact height.
That would be great if you wouldn't mind measuring it. I have 7' doors and my AT4 2500HD fits with no problem but I'm guessing the ZR2 is quite a bit taller.

That would be great if you wouldn't mind measuring it. I have 7' doors and my AT4 2500HD fits with no problem but I'm guessing the ZR2 is quite a bit taller.
I don't mind at all and will let you know this evening when I get home from work..

Stock is nearly 83 inches at highest point of cab according to GM specs

Chevy says the HD ZR2 is 82.65" or something like that Google says 82". They are wrong. You need a min opening height of 83.50" lol, trust me.

Just went out and measured mine, I forgot to do it when I got home. Mine measures 83.50” to the top of the XM antenna just as 8ball_99 says.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back