My intro

t8r

Reaction score
I still have my '93 Silverado from High School and planned to buy myself my first new truck after retirement. Looked and looked and finally found my ZR2 and bought it in November of 2023. I love everything about it and hope to share the good, bad , and everything in between with others on this thread. Thanks for having me.

Attachments

• IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    490.8 KB · Views: 45
Bought my ZR2 as a retirement gift to myself in 2022. Welcome to the retirement club and the ZR2 group.

I still have my '93 Silverado from High School and planned to buy myself my first new truck after retirement. Looked and looked and finally found my ZR2 and bought it in November of 2023. I love everything about it and hope to share the good, bad , and everything in between with others on this thread. Thanks for having me.
welcome..very nice rig. whats mods are first up???

Welcome to the ZR2Forum! great looking whip you got there!

I bought mine at the end of October 23 as a "likely the last vehicle I will ever own", I had been waiting on this exact truck to hit at a dealership for about 4 months. It showed up on a Saturday at my local dealer 10 minutes up the road, they did the PDI and put it on the lot Monday morning and called me since they knew it was a perfect fit to my spec. I went in and haggled all day with them, they dropped it to 8.1% below MSRP and I drove it home Monday night with 8 miles on the odo. It was a good day!

No doubt a good day. Congrats. I went to look at a different one and saw this one on the lot. They had just pulled it around to put on the sale lot. When I saw it I knew that was my truck I was going to buy. They knocked 6k of it for some promotion and I was on the road in a few hours. Also a good day.

I had a 21 RST with the LM2 3 liter diesel, I was averaging 27.4 MPG over the almost 2 years 4 months and 21K life I had it (retired so no daily commute). I wanted a Trail Boss but I wanted the diesel more because of the fuel mileage and no DFM/DOD, but it wasn't available in 21 in the TB so I got the RST because I needed a new vehicle then and what a great truck that was! I knew in time the diesel would be released in the TB so I patiently waited and in 22 sure enough it was, but they also released the ZR2, now I was torn again. I knew in time the ZR2 would likely get the diesel and by then they had the new LZ0 with some upgrades over the LM2, so again I patiently waited. Then the news hit, the 24 ZR2 would come standard with the LZ0 and I plotted my switch, I knew this day would come so I had kept the RST just like brand new, not even a scuff on the all weather floor mats, and just a couple of dings in the painted front bumper which I dutifully kept touched up with my free touch up paint from the dealer. When I went in the dealer appraised the truck I had paid 52K for (7.2% off MSRP) at 37K, I haggled and had them look the truck over with a fine tooth comb and they finally made it up to 42K and I said DEAL! By that time I already had negotiated the 75K sticker down to just over 69K and change so the long day and all the work made it all worth it in the end. This truck doesn't get the MPG's the RST did due to the lift and no front air dam, but I am averaging about 24 MPG over the last 2645 miles and 110 gallons of diesel so I am happy enough with that. I hope you have a long and happy life with yours! Happy motoring my friend!!!

Last edited:
That's awesome. Glad you waited and got exactly what you wanted. I told my wife the ZR2 was the dream truck but I was going to settle for a Trail Boss with a few upgrades. She asked why, why not just get what you want and enjoy it. So glad I did. Haven't regretted it one bit.

That's awesome. Glad you waited and got exactly what you wanted. I told my wife the ZR2 was the dream truck but I was going to settle for a Trail Boss with a few upgrades. She asked why, why not just get what you want and enjoy it. So glad I did. Haven't regretted it one bit.
That is friggin AWESOME! And, she is a keeper!!! ;)

Hold on to that one. You can't get it back and I've talked to tons of people that wished they had their first trucks. This is mine and she still drives pretty good. Not a ZR2 but has served me well for the last 30+ years.

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpeg
    IMG_1106.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 23
This is my 2004, knock sensors caused me to gift it to my oldest grandson with 225K when I got the RST, she is still running good today with well over 300K on her, original motor, original trans, and all original 4x4 components, he only uses it now for dump runs and in bad weather since he got a 24 Camaro.
1707365560796.jpeg

1707365708248.png

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back