My ZR2 started missing after oil cange

black rock crawler

Reaction score
I changed my oil yesterday for the first time. I decided to use a higher quality Amsoil same weight 0/20. This morning it started missing,track control light and other lights and messages started going off. Has this happened to anyone else?

I changed my oil yesterday for the first time. I decided to use a higher quality Amsoil same weight 0/20. This morning it started missing,track control light and other lights and messages started going off. Has this happened to anyone else?
That shouldn't affect your truck at all!

I had a fuel injector go bad, gave me the same fault indications you’re getting.

Reactions: AXE
Check to make sure you reinstalled the oil fill cap correctly. I’m not sure on Chevy’s but some German cars won’t run properly with a loose oil cap. Just a thought.

Check to make sure you reinstalled the oil fill cap correctly. I’m not sure on Chevy’s but some German cars won’t run properly with a loose oil cap. Just a thought.
If you use the wrong oil on a BMW, it will run like crap.

Mine missed taking off from a stop the other day - never happened once in the prior 7000km.

I can only put it down to dirty fuel - I ran half a tank of Chevron 94 rather than Shell 93 or Esso premium - no fault codes or lights after. Just a thought.

Did it make a single loud bang or multiple bangs when it started misfiring? Sounds like collapsed lifter if after an oil change

This is the type of behavior I saw when the lifters went out on my 2021 5.3L LTZ

I believe 1st oil change is free (at least I got it). Why do of your own and also not use manufacturer recommend oil?

I believe 1st oil change is free (at least I got it). Why do of your own and also not use manufacturer recommend oil?
Not the OP, but in my case, the dealer was an hour away, I like to change my oil early in new vehicles, and they don’t like to change it that soon, and I don’t trust them to do a good job. I have had filters practically welded to the pan from a dealership. The Amsoil 0-w20 is the same viscosity and meets the standards of whatever oil Chevy recommends

Not the OP, but in my case, the dealer was an hour away, I like to change my oil early in new vehicles, and they don’t like to change it that soon, and I don’t trust them to do a good job. I have had filters practically welded to the pan from a dealership. The Amsoil 0-w20 is the same viscosity and meets the standards of whatever oil Chevy recommends
I agree with you. I did my oil at 1K, and will follow up with 3K intervals. I enjoy doing it and I think it's cheap insurance.

Oil change is not the problem! It will be interesting to see what is though. I've seen the same thing as you in regards to filters & drain plugs way over torqued! If we do our on basic service's we can only blame ourselves for mistakes.

I agree with you. I did my oil at 1K, and will follow up with 3K intervals. I enjoy doing it and I think it's cheap insurance.

Oil change is not the problem! It will be interesting to see what is though. I've seen the same thing as you in regards to filters & drain plugs way over torqued! If we do our on basic service's we can only blame ourselves for mistakes.
i did my first oil change at about 700 miles and then at dealer with about 2500 miles. im gonna do next at 5k. im hoping closer intervals will help keep lifter bug away. i think its worth a shot.

Nah get the lifters to fail while it’s under warranty! Also the 6.2l is having way more problems with the #1 main bearings than the lifters.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back