New Hood Issue

landpilot

Founding Member
Reaction score
So, how many of you have had your eyes blinded by the sun reflecting off the back edge of the hood? Not sure why they didn’t make it concave so it doesn’t happen, but both my wife and I had our retinas fried the other day. I tried to get a pic but this was the best I could get while driving…. I think I’m going to have to get the back edge wrapped in matte black to cut the glare, it’s really bad at certain angles and certain times of the day.

EFB0326B-BF96-40CD-AA40-C43BF5C099F1.jpeg

When I had PPF done on the front end, I had the installer put matt PPF on the backside of the hood scoop. I no longer have an issue with blinding reflections.

I've seen some folks put a matte black piece of vinyl there to help with that.
Right, I got a quote from a local shop for $120 to place matte black vinyl on that area, it’s on my “to do” list.

It's diffenitly an oversight. Eventually i plan a piece of vinyl back there to help with glare. I think im going to wait till there is an official fix from GM for the paint chipping. Between the paint chipping, the glare and the fact it's not even functional. Not to mention it also obstructs field of view. Got to say the hood scoop seems kind of like a fail, lol. Don't get me wrong I love the truck and the two tone hood looks good. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they start blowing off on the interstate or something though. Pretty crazy that something cosmetic is causing so many issues.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back