New member in Australia

Jace

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member in Sydney Australia. Currently in an 06 Silverado getting very close to throwing down for a new ZR2.
Unless its 30 years old, everything needs to be converted to right hand drive here. New ZR2 is $AUD 150k so it's hard to justify if you dwell on it for too long, but hey, I'm a Chevy guy. Had 61 and 67 Impalas when I was a younger Man.
Have been loving the info on this forum so signing up so I can participate in the conversation.

Jason

Hi all,

New member in Sydney Australia. Currently in an 06 Silverado getting very close to throwing down for a new ZR2.
Unless its 30 years old, everything needs to be converted to right hand drive here. New ZR2 is $AUD 150k so it's hard to justify if you dwell on it for too long, but hey, I'm a Chevy guy. Had 61 and 67 Impalas when I was a younger Man.
Have been loving the info on this forum so signing up so I can participate in the conversation.

Jason
Now get an Ultimate9 my friend! www.ultimate9.co An Australian-based company :)

Hi all,

Jason
The only way to justify the price is to look at the cost of ownership for the period of time you intend to own it.

I've done pretty well keeping annual ownership costs fairly low on my rigs over the last few decades. I tend to own them a good while and have below average miles, so when I trade or sell I get a decent price for them.

I've had very low repair and maintenence costs and do a lot of the work myself, so it helps keep ownership costs down.

Other than that, I've never been disappointed buying a nice rig, even after spending more on modifications to personalize them.

Oh I hear you. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I plan to own it till I die, which is only 30 years away 😉 If it was a square body I'd be super confident it would last that long. Fingers crossed 👊
The electronics are the questionable factor in longevity. I think that's where the trucks of old shine. They aren't technologically complicated.

Most Member Reactions

Back