Thanks! 2 days of ownership and less than 100 miles and already throwing a check engine light...grrr :mad: Heading to the dealer tomorrow.
Janky software and electronic parts are a feature on this truck not a flaw. I've had few updates on my 1500 infotainment system and it eventually returns to being tempermental. I had three codes before 1500 miles on my 2500HD. They could not find any issues with the 2500HD, so they just cleared the codes and sent me on my way. Haven't came back.

If you look at the news wire, GM has admitted they have failed with their software program. Hired some past Apple executives to fix it and they have now left. That signals there is no fix or don't want to invest properly in the fix. The only plan they have announced is to remove the Google based system going forward.

By the way, are you following the break-in procedure in the owners manual?

Are you doing anything over and above that, i.e., I always constantly vary the throttle for those first 500-600 miles, so I never use cruise during that time, I also heat and then fully cool the engine/trans starting with shorter drives and then longer drives to slowly relieve the manufacturing stresses that the parts go through during manufacture and assembly, an analogy of which is like the annealing of ammo cases after the forming process, it makes the metal more sturdy and workable. I am also old school, I see no downside to an early oil change at between 500-1500 miles, it never hurts to remove that first heavy load of silicon and metal that occurs when things are getting to know one another inside the engine, all this can also help break-in the trans/diffs/transfer case etc. more gently.

Again, IMHO/YMMV
I must have read the manual incorrectly, cause I only did that for the first 500-600 feet.

That's dealer speak for we have no clue why this software sucks, but your the 10th guy we've told that to this month.
Yeah I've spared everyone the details but one of the silly things the sa mentioned was that if you don't fill it with diesel #2 this may happen in which I reminded him that I was still on the tank of fuel you're dealer filled it with. The look on his face afterword was pretty funny.

Yeah I've spared everyone the details but one of the silly things the sa mentioned was that if you don't fill it with diesel #2 this may happen in which I reminded him that I was still on the tank of fuel you're dealer filled it with. The look on his face afterword was pretty funny.
Is anyone not running #2 this time of year?

That is an instant classic! Hilarious!!!

That's California's problem!
For now anyway... but I don't trust the regime not to foist it on us all eventually!

You take places like in Hawaii where there are protests and a push to end fossil fuel use, I say those people should be identified and not allowed to have anything that fossil fuels provides, gas, plastics, makeup for the gals, nothing. See how long they hold out then, maybe they should go protest in places like China or India where they far out pollute us by an order of magnitude and are only getting worse about it, and all because they are emerging economies?!?! Give me a break!

For now anyway... but I don't trust the regime not to foist it on us all eventually!

You take places like in Hawaii where there are protests and a push to end fossil fuel use, I say those people should be identified and not allowed to have anything that fossil fuels provides, gas, plastics, makeup for the gals, nothing. See how long they hold out then, maybe they should go protest in places like China or India where they far out pollute us by an order of magnitude and are only getting worse about it, and all because they are emerging economies?!?! Give me a break!
you forgot no more Mc Nuggets...they are made with petroleum

Can you imagine how crappy McNuggets would be if...
1713560651733.png

Most Member Reactions

Back