New Shell - RSI Smart Cap

FormerTaco

Reaction score
Just installed this weekend, absolutely love the quality and really digging the look.
PXL_20240325_162458861.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240325_162543232.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240325_162715872.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240325_162631050.PORTRAIT.jpg

Not a fan of caps at all. But, if you have to have one, it looks well made. Would be awesome to have it color match the truck.
I am the opposite, once I had a cap, I knew I could never go back, I absolutely love having a cap. The RSI is the best that I have experienced, all Stainless-steel, large side gullwing doors, lots of built in threaded interior mounts, etc. I am considering having it color matched with vinyl wrap, we'll see.

I am the opposite, once I had a cap, I knew I could never go back, I absolutely love having a cap. The RSI is the best that I have experienced, all Stainless-steel, large side gullwing doors, lots of built in threaded interior mounts, etc. I am considering having it color matched with vinyl wrap, we'll see.
I would get it wrapped if it were mine and I had to have a cap.

I'd leave it black and put some black wrap on the roof and pillars, maybe a slight black pinstrip down the side that integrates that graphic on the rear quarter panel. You don't want too much tan it'll look like a loaf of bread, you want some contrast to make it look unique and highlight the awesomeness of that cap.

Maybe add an overland roof rack in black, It'll look slick. It'll really tie the front hood scoop too.

That's about to be a damn great looking truck. So help me, if your wrap that cap in tan, I'm coming over to peel it off. Then I'm gonna mail it to securityguy with postage due!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240327_205722_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_205722_Google.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I'd leave it black and put some black wrap on the roof and pillars, maybe a slight black pinstrip down the side that integrates that graphic on the rear quarter panel. You don't want too much tan it'll look like a loaf of bread, you want some contrast to make it look unique and highlight the awesomeness of that cap.

Maybe add an overland roof rack in black, It'll look slick. It'll really tie the front hood scoop too.

That's about to be a damn great looking truck. So help me, if your wrap that cap in tan, I'm coming over to peel it off. Then I'm gonna mail it to securityguy with postage due!
I agree on the loaf of bread :ROFLMAO: The most I was thinking was a strip at the top or maybe outline the doors, something to tie it in. But with how much black the truck already has, the current look is great, for now.

Is the rear view camera blocked in any way?
It is. Funny thing is they were smart enough to add a little window above the back slider window, to allow the cab exterior light to shine into the inside of the shell, but left the window about an inch to short to allow the camera to see in. That is on my list to figure out a solution.

It is. Funny thing is they were smart enough to add a little window above the back slider window, to allow the cab exterior light to shine into the inside of the shell, but left the window about an inch to short to allow the camera to see in. That is on my list to figure out a solution.
Someone makes a camera relocation kit. Just can't recall where I saw it at. Just try Googling it and see what comes up.

Someone makes a camera relocation kit. Just can't recall where I saw it at. Just try Googling it and see what comes up.
That's what I was thinking..........they all had something like that as an option?

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back