New TX Buyer

DFWZR2

Founding Member
Reaction score
I just placed my deposit for a 2022 Silverado ZR2. I'm in my 30's and have been a GM full-size owner since my first truck, a 2000 Silverado 1500, to a 93 K5 Blazer, to my current 2020 LT Trail Boss 6.2. Love my LT TB, but the ZR2 is everything I was looking for when I bought it, so I'll be saying goodbye once I take delivery from Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine. I'm hoping we see some great aftermarket support, and a community like Trail Boss Tribe emerge as these trucks begin entering the market. I've debated, and still have it as a consideration, reserving a Ram TRX from the factory, but everytime I look at the specs and the gas mileage, and the numerous reports of busted/leaking CV axles and other build quality complaints, I'm reminded that I don't want to go back to the hell that is ownership of a FCA product. The ZR2 will do everything I want to do off-road, which is overlanding and moderate trail riding in CO/UT.

My Build: $71,010
Glacier Blue Metallic
Multi-Flex Tailgate
Technology Package
Sunroof
and...HUGE ADD-ON
Wheel locks (I know, really splurged on this one, couldn't help myself)

My LT TB...(and dog)

GSD NP.jpg

How was your experience with Classic?
That is who I will likely go through as long as they'll honor either the CostCo program or my GMSupplier discount.

How was your experience with Classic?
That is who I will likely go through as long as they'll honor either the CostCo program or my GMSupplier discount.
They are great to work with, I have all my service done there as well.

I got my build sheet today and Preliminary Order number today. Took less than half an hour when I visited to complete the build, and 3 days of processing to get to the current status.

They are great to work with, I have all my service done there as well.

I got my build sheet today and Preliminary Order number today. Took less than half an hour when I visited to complete the build, and 3 days of processing to get to the current status.
Reach out to Ryan Palmour and tell him John sent you. 817.721.5344

Welcome to the forum from Austin! Congrats on the order!

I just placed my deposit for a 2022 Silverado ZR2. I'm in my 30's and have been a GM full-size owner since my first truck, a 2000 Silverado 1500, to a 93 K5 Blazer, to my current 2020 LT Trail Boss 6.2. Love my LT TB, but the ZR2 is everything I was looking for when I bought it, so I'll be saying goodbye once I take delivery from Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine. I'm hoping we see some great aftermarket support, and a community like Trail Boss Tribe emerge as these trucks begin entering the market. I've debated, and still have it as a consideration, reserving a Ram TRX from the factory, but everytime I look at the specs and the gas mileage, and the numerous reports of busted/leaking CV axles and other build quality complaints, I'm reminded that I don't want to go back to the hell that is ownership of a FCA product. The ZR2 will do everything I want to do off-road, which is overlanding and moderate trail riding in CO/UT.

My Build: $71,010
Glacier Blue Metallic
Multi-Flex Tailgate
Technology Package
Sunroof
and...HUGE ADD-ON
Wheel locks (I know, really splurged on this one, couldn't help myself)

My LT TB...(and dog)

View attachment 72
Congrats on the order! Nice picture too! It kind of looks like NM scenery and mountains.

Congrats on the order! Nice picture too! It kind of looks like NM scenery and mountains.
Thank you, on both counts. We were in Great Sand Dunes National Park in CO, beautiful trail called Medano Pass. It's just past the fixed camping at the beginning of the trail. On one side you have a beautiful mountain range, and in its shadow on the other side a massive set of sand dunes.

Thank you, on both counts. We were in Great Sand Dunes National Park in CO, beautiful trail called Medano Pass. It's just past the fixed camping at the beginning of the trail. On one side you have a beautiful mountain range, and in its shadow on the other side a massive set of sand dunes.
That sounds like a great place to visit!

I’m in DFW and looking for a good salesman/dealer. Did everything go well with Classic?

Waiting for the full black interior to be available before I place my order.

I’ve reached out to a number of dealers already but all I’m getting is automated emails and false information. Does anyone want to sell cars anymore?

I’m in DFW and looking for a good salesman/dealer. Did everything go well with Classic?

I’ve reached out to a number of dealers already but all I’m getting is automated emails and false information. Does anyone want to sell cars anymore?

Welcome to the forum @SonofSal - I wonder if it's just a lack of employees? I've notice the same level of service in the Austin area.

You'll have to wait until at least 2024 model year if you want black interior. I've already pulled up the colors/options for 2023 and there is no change on interior color for 2023.

You'll have to wait until at least 2024 model year if you want black interior. I've already pulled up the colors/options for 2023 and there is no change on interior color for 2023.
I would think other changes would show up throughout the 23’ year or even before the 23’s were available to order.

I would think other changes would show up throughout the 23’ year or even before the 23’s were available to order.
Nope. If black interior isn't listed on my order screen now, it's not going to be available for 2023 model year.

Nope. If black interior isn't listed on my order screen now, it's not going to be available for 2023 model year.
Doubt it but thanks for the info.
Every other manufacturer I worked with adds changes at different times. Multiple changes throughout the year with color deletions and additions. I don’t see why Chevy would be any different.

Doubt it but thanks for the info.
Every other manufacturer I worked with adds changes at different times. Multiple changes throughout the year with color deletions and additions. I don’t see why Chevy would be any different.
You can doubt all you want. I've been ordering GM vehicles for 22 years so I'm pretty sure I have more experience with how GM ordering works.

You can doubt all you want. I've been ordering GM vehicles for 22 years so I'm pretty sure I have more experience with how GM ordering works.
So in 22 yrs Chevy has never added an option of a color during the model year? Whatever is shown in your system 5? months before the order banks open and all through the model year you've never seen a color or an option added?

So in 22 yrs Chevy has never added an option of a color during the model year? Whatever is shown in your system 5? months before the order banks open and all through the model year you've never seen a color or an option added?

I've never seen GM add an interior color mid-year. Exterior, sometimes, but only on special edition trucks like the Centennial Edition Silverado from 2018. GM always introduces regular production colors at the beginning of the model year.

High Country is getting an additional interior color for 2023 so if ZR2 were getting one, it would be in the order guide and would state late availability if it wasn't going to be available at 2023 launch.

Most Member Reactions

Back