No TPMS in spare tire.

Diesel328

Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, I rotated my tires and decided to throw my spare in the mix. When I went to relearn the sensors I didn't get any response from the spare, oh well so much for that!

For 75-80G you would think they could atleast put a TPMS in the spare… The 5 tire rotation is the best…. All these big automakers getting too cheap, I would even pay the extra if it was on the option order sheet… Just stupid on their end!!!

It's probably because the software isn't set up for a spare TPM. Every truck from base to ZR2 probably use the same software. ZR2 is the only model to include a factory wheel/tire as the spare so be happy we at least get that.

It's probably because the software isn't set up for a spare TPM. Every truck from base to ZR2 probably use the same software. ZR2 is the only model to include a factory wheel/tire as the spare so be happy we at least get that.
Yeah, I'm definitely happy about that! Last year I blew a rear tire on my '21 Trail Boss when we were on our way back from Florida. I put the spare on and when I would make slow turns the rear would lock up and hop around the turns. The spare was that much smaller to cause the g80 to engage. Needless to say I had to move to the front when I got home until I was able to get it replaced.

I totally agree with it coming with a full size spare, that’s AWESOME.. I’m only saying I wish it could have been an option when placing an order.. 5 tire rotations are the best..

I guess we can be thankful that the spare tire isn't baking in the sun. The spare on my fife's Jeep Rubicon bakes it the sun every day.

I totally agree with it coming with a full size spare, that’s AWESOME.. I’m only saying I wish it could have been an option when placing an order.. 5 tire rotations are the best..
Yeah, 5 tire rotation would have been nice for sure!

Most Member Reactions

Back