No Way: Here's The 2023 Chevy Colorado & You're Going to Really LOVE or HATE The All New Engine(s)!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
This video includes some good information and some nice video of the 2023 Colorado ZR2 in action!

That engine is fine on these smaller trucks. I do understand the desire for the diesel option, though. That's a bummer.

Powertrain options are getting limited without stepping on toes. A detuned 3.0TT would have been a good range topper but that powertrain would be much too close to the 6.2 for comfort.

The V8’s are powerful but are definitely showing age with these high boost small displacements. Power bumps are definitely needed once the “All New” Silverado drops.

The fact that the Colorado ZR2 has the same size (33” diameter) tires as our trucks is almost comical. Definitely shows the Silverado ZR2 was an MCE and not a clean sheet like it’s “little” brother.

Although calling the Colorado Small anymore is stretching the definition of the word.

The 3.0TT is too expensive to put in a truck like the Colorado. It would be cheaper to put an LT2 V8 in there. That powertrain is a bit of joke anyway. The only reason it exists is because Cadillac was obsessed with having an "exotic and european" powertrain in the ATS-V when they could have just put the LT1 in it, saved a ton of money and had a faster car.

The 3.0TT is too expensive to put in a truck like the Colorado. It would be cheaper to put an LT2 V8 in there. That powertrain is a bit of joke anyway. The only reason it exists is because Cadillac was obsessed with having an "exotic and european" powertrain in the ATS-V when they could have just put the LT1 in it, saved a ton of money and had a faster car.
I stopped holding my breath for V8 Colorados after the 5.3’s extremely short run.

Is there any shops out there that do modifications on the 2.7? A v8 or supercharged v6 would have been awesome.

I just hope it doesn't sound like it's constantly in pain and struggling like the Raptors do. Gotta be the worst sounding trucks on the road.

Most Member Reactions

Back