Noise in Front End and Lots of Bump Steer Off Road

AKDV

Reaction score
Greetings All! I just got my 2024 2500 ZR2 (work truck) and got it off road for the first time yesterday. There was quite a bit of front end noise on the bumps (like something was loose) as well as a lot of bump steer. Steering feels solid on road (before and after off roading) and no noise on the road. I couldn't locate anything loose upon inspection. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
Do a search there is a thread about this issue.

I did and found some discussion on brake noise (not what’s going on here) and discussion on the lack of a steering stabilizer. If you could point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it.

I think there are others too. I searched front end noise and noise and got several threads.

@AKDV i also noticed a ton of bump steer when Offroad compared to my previous vehicle. It was most noticeable when there was a rock or rut at full lock I’d have to fight it to stay turned.

Not sure if a steering stabilizer would fix it or if it’s the nature of having 5K lbs on the front axle with 35s. Not unmanageable, but not expected.

Most Member Reactions

Back