Off road air down

oilmoneymerch

Reaction score
Whats up with all the big dogs on here, hey i just wana say thanks for everything that you guys post and all the information that everyone contributes, you guys are amazing and i love reading everything. So im planning a trip to the Plumas National Forest in California, im running on the Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires, does anyone have a good airdown pressure for some rocky trails, nothing to crazy but definitely a high clearance 4x4 rocky terrain setting, any info will help and thanks alot.

Yep, 20-28 psi would be my range. If you're getting a lot of flex in the tire sidewalls and hitting rims, I'd go back up.

I'll go 12-20 psi in the sand. But that's just putting around near camp not running too hard.

Bring a good compressor so you can get aired up quickly. I sometimes bring my PowerTank CO2 setup when I'm going to air down a lot. I can fill a 35 inch tire from 20 to 80 psi in 1.5 minutes instead of 5-10.

Hell ya thats what i was looking for thats the number factor that i been looking for thanks alot!!

Reactions: AXE
20 is what I run on rocky/forrest terrain. Makes a world of difference.

Reactions: AXE
Whats up with all the big dogs on here, hey i just wana say thanks for everything that you guys post and all the information that everyone contributes, you guys are amazing and i love reading everything. So im planning a trip to the Plumas National Forest in California, im running on the Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires, does anyone have a good airdown pressure for some rocky trails, nothing to crazy but definitely a high clearance 4x4 rocky terrain setting, any info will help and thanks alot.
not sure about off road pressure but my tire pressure at 98mph is about 40psi!!!

Most Member Reactions

Back