IMG_3897.jpeg
    451.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3913.jpeg
    IMG_3913.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3916.jpeg
    IMG_3916.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 114
Nice! Didi you lock it up? just back or both?
Both. I’d lock the rear occasionally for grab ass, kick up dust on the back roads, but there were definitely times I needed to lock them both up. The trail roads got swamped because the rains finally came and put some (forest) fires out, which is great, but the old roads flood. But honestly, that’s the best part. They’re the old Highway roads that people only use for off roading, so it’s was win/win. Also, the ditches on the side of the highways collect all the water and become muskeg, and it’s sometimes difficult to see the moisture, so getting bogged is pretty easy. But, the front locker definitely pulls you out when you’re stuck. It‘s been great to put it through its paces. I just wish I had a camera man to get outside shots (unfortunately I found out, to my disappointment, that in his elder year, my dad doesn’t enjoy getting thrown around in the truck, and asked me not to take him off roading 😅)

Both. I’d lock the rear occasionally for grab ass, kick up dust on the back roads, but there were definitely times I needed to lock them both up. The trail roads got swamped because the rains finally came and put some (forest) fires out, which is great, but the old roads flood. But honestly, that’s the best part. They’re the old Highway roads that people only use for off roading, so it’s was win/win. Also, the ditches on the side of the highways collect all the water and become muskeg, and it’s sometimes difficult to see the moisture, so getting bogged is pretty easy. But, the front locker definitely pulls you out when you’re stuck. It‘s been great to put it through its paces. I just wish I had a camera man to get outside shots (unfortunately I found out, to my disappointment, that in his elder year, my dad doesn’t enjoy getting thrown around in the truck, and asked me not to take him off roading 😅)
My wife doesn't even want to be in the truck when I just switch into 4WD, let alone 4LO 🤣🤣🤣 You can't blame him tho cause, it's alway different when your not holding that steering wheel.... That and...(don't know how old you are but) when you get older, everything is harder on the body... Glad you got to spend time with your dad and had fun in your truck👍 (enjoy every minute.... mine is gone). And yes.... When both are locked.... it really grips! Few times I wouldn't have made it home without that front one.....Can't wait to go on the next trip...

Completed:
  • Chickens corner
  • Fins and things ( Day time),
  • Baby lions back
  • Hells Revenge (partial as we lost time on flat tire) but completed major hill climb/descents. This vehicle climb/descent confidently and makes these hills look so simple
  • Shaffer Trail-Potash Road,
  • Engineers Pass
  • Imogene Pass

This vehicle is amazingly capable but lot of butt scratches (hitch) on some paths. I love it's hill descent control which is powerful.

Will add some pictures and videos of it soon once reach home.

Completed:
  • Chickens corner
  • Baby lions back
  • Hells Revenge (partial as we lost time on flat tire) but completed major hill climb/descents. This vehicle climb/descent confidently and makes these hills look so simple
  • Engineers Pass
  • Imogene Pass

This vehicle is amazingly capable but lot of butt scratches (hitch) on some paths. I love it's hill descent control which is powerful.

did you remove front bumper ends?

My wife doesn't even want to be in the truck when I just switch into 4WD, let alone 4LO 🤣🤣🤣 You can't blame him tho cause, it's alway different when your not holding that steering wheel.... That and...(don't know how old you are but) when you get older, everything is harder on the body... Glad you got to spend time with your dad and had fun in your truck👍 (enjoy every minute.... mine is gone). And yes.... When both are locked.... it really grips! Few times I wouldn't have made it home without that front one.....Can't wait to go on the next trip...
Thanks for your kind words. I’m blessed to still have my dad in my life, especially since he’s in his mid 70’s. I definitely cherish the time we have together, even more so since losing my mom several years ago. As life moves forward, we realize that the time we have left with our loved ones is the most precious thing we’ll ever get.

Well I attempted to scale Bull Mountain. The trip was foiled because the old Silverado is a wide bitch! Had fun anyway. It scaled these loose rock slopes like a tank.

Attachments

• IMG_2835.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2833.jpeg
    IMG_2833.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2812.jpeg
    IMG_2812.jpeg
    619 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2816.jpeg
    IMG_2816.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 45
Completed:
  • Chickens corner
  • Baby lions back
  • Engineers Pass
  • Imogene Pass

Baby Lion's Back Video added on Youtube:

Will be adding remaining videos soon as time permits. I am Newbie on YT channel so trying to figure out of things.

Did a bit of offroading. Them overpriced skid plates really came in handy 😆. Video coming soon after I learn how to metube.
We went through radical hill outside of Keystone. Won't even lie, lots of butt clenching going on.
ZR2 BISON Continental Divide.jpg
ZR2 BISON 1500.jpg
ZR2 BISON RADICAL HILL 8.jpg
ZR2 BISON RADICAL HILL 4.jpg
Webster pass 1.jpg

Attachments

• ZR2 BISON RADICAL HILL 3.jpg
    ZR2 BISON RADICAL HILL 3.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 45
Did a bit of offroading. Them overpriced skid plates really came in handy 😆. Video coming soon after I learn how to metube.
We went through radical hill outside of Keystone. Won't even lie, lots of butt clenching going on.
View attachment 6569View attachment 6570View attachment 6571View attachment 6573View attachment 6574
Trying to see if I can get Bison or Skid plates by next year. Hesitant to take some chances with basic underbody protection.

Cost of protection may cost less than the damage and recovery.

Trying to see if I can get Bison or Skid plates by next year. Hesitant to take some chances with basic underbody protection.

Cost of protection may cost less than the damage and recovery.
I've got a few bends and dings in my skid plates. Nothing major. Just proves it is doing its job. What they have installed on the ZR2 is good enough, as long as you don't go crazy over lots of pointed stuff. I also take a cheap trailer hitch with a ball and insert it upside down. It helps with the butt rubs and has saved the bumper a few times.

I've got a few bends and dings in my skid plates. Nothing major. Just proves it is doing its job. What they have installed on the ZR2 is good enough, as long as you don't go crazy over lots of pointed stuff. I also take a cheap trailer hitch with a ball and insert it upside down. It helps with the butt rubs and has saved the bumper a few times.
great photos.

Most Member Reactions

Back