Overland Expo

AXE

Reaction score
Anyone ever attend one of these regional Overland Expos? I see they have one in Flagstaff in May. I think it might be fun to attend and check out some gear and builds.

The exhibitor list is massive!

They have a cool AT4X build from 2022 on their website. It has some nice bits added.

Last edited:
I missed it last year. There was a group that overlanded to it. They look like fun. Be sure to get a HELOC on your home before you go

Reactions: AXE
Anyone ever attend one of these regional Overland Expos? I see they have one in Flagstaff in May. I think it might be fun to attend and check out some gear and builds.

They have a cool AT4X build from 2022 on their website. It has some nice bits added.

I've been to the one in northern Colorado 3 times. I was amazed at how many people came out to the event. The number of vendors was really surprising as well. I guess I didn't realize how many folks are into Overlanding. You can find about anything you want here relating to camping and this sport. I would say it is worth seeing. Flagstaff is a nice town as I remember. We stayed there a couple years back and visited Sedona. Wow, what a beautiful & expensive place that is! It was right after Thanksgiving and some of the trees in Sedona still had leaves on them. Flagstaff, on the other hand was cold at night. We have the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Sedona reminded me of that , only with houses and eateries.

I missed it last year. There was a group that overlanded to it. They look like fun. Be sure to get a HELOC on your home before you go
Yeah, by the looks of that vendor list you'd need about $100k. I was thinking of checking out some of those overland campers..........some are cheap, some cost more than a new car.

I've been to the one in northern Colorado 3 times. I was amazed at how many people came out to the event. The number of vendors was really surprising as well. I guess I didn't realize how many folks are into Overlanding. You can find about anything you want here relating to camping and this sport. I would say it is worth seeing. Flagstaff is a nice town as I remember. We stayed there a couple years back and visited Sedona. Wow, what a beautiful & expensive place that is! It was right after Thanksgiving and some of the trees in Sedona still had leaves on them. Flagstaff, on the other hand was cold at night. We have the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Sedona reminded me of that , only with houses and eateries.
Yep Flagstaff is a great place. Very nice weather in the summer. I do some hunting up that way, occasionally some fishing. They got a really nice ski area at Snowbowl that sits at 10k+ msl.

Sedona is a great place, some great mountain biking. It's gotten so expensive that workers can't live there. They are now trying to approve overnight camping in vehicles so workers can stay. Average home prices are now over $1M.

Attachments

• 20180825_163907.jpg
    20180825_163907.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 16

Good times for sure, hit the Colorado one years back as the wife was waiting on her Bronco. Pretty cool for gear junkies and folks that spend time off-road for any reason - work, hunt, play, etc

Most Member Reactions

Back