How to reboot your infotainment system

Save yourself a click - the information is below:

GM Infotainment with built-in Google (2022+ full-size trucks and SUVs, Cadillac Lyriq, 2023+ midsize trucks)
  • While in “Park”, press and hold the phone hangup button on the steering wheel for 10 seconds. (or 20)
Now you can beat securityguy's record of 7 minutes!

i have noticed recently my radio wont respond to steering wheel controls until i have been driving for a good 3 minutes. still have the double radio dropout during first minute or two. wonder if a reset would cure button issue.
I've noticed this behavior - was your infotainment system doing this before the recent update? My system was skipping out like folks have described before the update, but it seems to have gotten worse since the update. But... When I disconnected my phone from Apple Carplay, it immediately started functioning correctly.

I've noticed this behavior - was your infotainment system doing this before the recent update? My system was skipping out like folks have described before the update, but it seems to have gotten worse since the update. But... When I disconnected my phone from Apple Carplay, it immediately started functioning correctly.
i cant say..like everyone else i was getting startup radio dropout. i think security guy was 1st to point out to me. i cant remember the inop steering wheel buttons. who knows. but now its annoying. i try not to use Android Auto. i think im gonna try a reset.

Mine was most dropping signal from SiriusXM after startup. Definitely droppeda lot on Pandora or phone music, but I don't use that much.

Just recently I swear it lost reception for a brief second when turning on my blinker two separate incidents. Two days ago I cranked up the air to full blast and it dropped for a split second too.

Starting to think there are power quality or supply issues interrupting the system when the truck is doing to many tasks that require more power (e.g., startup).

I haven't been in my wife's rig lately, but it doesn't seem to do it. I may have to run it and see

As far as I know neither system has updated since we bought them early this year.

I have 2022 ZR2, but the infotainment system is not rebooting when I hold the cancel call button down for 10,20,30 seconds… my truck is in park. Any ideas? I just got the truck so maybe I need to bring it into a dealership to update the software? I thought it was over the air updates though.

what AXE described with my limited space shuttle wiring experience (aka boat gauges) is almost a bad ground, but definitely a voltage drop in a 12 volt dc system. Ive built small servers several years ago, it could be in chipset throttling back when overtaxed. This would be a big boo boo cooling related, or underpowered cpu. A simple heat sink double side heat sink tape in right location, may solve all the issues. GM engineers by now have too know whats really going on.

Reactions: AXE
I have 2022 ZR2, but the infotainment system is not rebooting when I hold the cancel call button down for 10,20,30 seconds… my truck is in park. Any ideas? I just got the truck so maybe I need to bring it into a dealership to update the software? I thought it was over the air updates though.
Disconnect the battery for 5-10 minutes and then reconnect it and see what happens.

Most Member Reactions

Back