Pedal Covers

AXE

Reaction score
I put on some of the GM pedal covers I bought with GM points. I hated the feel of that plastic fantastic gas pedal, especially with leather sole shitkickers on. Felt slippery and no feel. These are really grippy on the rubber pads and look great.

I had put them on my wife's Tahoe a month ago cause they did away with adjustable pedals and she said she felt the gas pedal was hard to reach......problem solved.

Attachments

• 20230304_135426.jpg
    20230304_135426.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 20230304_135447.jpg
    20230304_135447.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 129
They have really stiff rubber that wraps around the pedal edges. They are a PIA to install.

I made a few cuts on the long side of the rubber so it would bend and pull outward easier. Start at the top and right edge of the pedal and work your way down and around bottom. Then do the left side. I used the curved edge of a paint can lid remover to reach up under the left edge and pull it down after the other three edges were secure.

Was curious about these. They don't show the bronze like the stock photo does - They look better.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: AXE
When I installed these on my ZR2, I placed them in a pot of boiling hot water for a bit. It requires the use of gloves to handle them, but they go on a whole lot easier when the rubber is heated up.

Was curious about these. They don't show the bronze like the stock photo does - They look better.

Thanks for sharing!
They are what I would describe at medium silver/grey in satin finish. Sometimes you see that color described as "gunmetal" where its politically acceptable.

I do think those sales photos are misleading in terms of colors. They do look pretty classy and have a great feel.......for $165 they should come with a sammich for my lunch pail!

LOL.........When I bought them for my wife's Tahoe, I was hoping for the bronze that shows in picture, cause it has that accent color in the High Country package.

When I installed these on my ZR2, I placed them in a pot of boiling hot water for a bit. It requires the use of gloves to handle them, but they go on a whole lot easier when the rubber is heated up.
That sounds like a good technique. I tried a hair dryer and it didn't do much. I thought about grabbing the heat gun, but wasn't sure if there were adhesives between rubber and metal that would be affected.

They should have just used the same rubber compound as the stock brake pedal, it works just as well and is more pliable.

They should have just used the same rubber compound as the stock brake pedal, it works just as well and is more pliable.
Totally agree, not sure why they used such a hard rubber compound. They sure do make the peddles, especially the throttle peddle feel better.

I put on some of the GM pedal covers I bought with GM points. I hated the feel of that plastic fantastic gas pedal, especially with leather sole shitkickers on. Felt slippery and no feel. These are really grippy on the rubber pads and look great.

I had put them on my wife's Tahoe a month ago cause they did away with adjustable pedals and she said she felt the gas pedal was hard to reach......problem solved.
i have them...they are really solid. i used dish soap and warm water. went on np.

I agree, they look and feel better!

Ok I got so many reward points from buying my wife a new Chevy in 2022 and my ordered ZR2 in 2023,
So decided when Chevy online was offering a discount % so crap what am I going to get?
I got the sports pedal covers and a bed mat!
Love the gas pedal cover the most versus the crappy plastic winky dinky pedal!
Just the little things sometimes just gives gets me.

Attachments

• IMG_0875.jpeg
    IMG_0875.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0876.jpeg
    IMG_0876.jpeg
    532.4 KB · Views: 40
I was looking for another option but can't find anything decent.

If you got the multiflex tailgate, the lights that go in to light up the drop down step are really nice.

Last edited:
Used Chevy points to add the sport pedals. I have the bloody knuckles to prove it, what a monster to get on. I did the boiling thing and it was a big help, but still a bear to install.

Attachments

• Sport Pedals.jpg
    Sport Pedals.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 22

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back