Plastic Fantastic HD

I have actually been thinking about a High Country over a ZR2 for my next truck...1500 or 2500. Can't do much "off roading" here in FL and would be a better cruiser to visit family up north. We'll see...I love the looks of the ZR2 and AT4X so that may win me over again.
AT4X is nice. gonna say i would get a sierra denali over high country..minimal diff in price.

its nice no doubt...very expensive to fix.
I replaced mine.on my last Tahoe myself. Got the shocks from a local.dealer for about cost $360 for front, $380 for rear with air. Cost me 1600, dealer wanted $2400. Had to rewire the front.

ZR2 suspension is $1000 per corner. It'll need to be replaced or rebuilt by 50k or sooner. That'll wake up some people.

I replaced mine.on my last Tahoe myself. Got the shocks from a local.dealer for about cost $360 for front, $380 for rear with air. Cost me 1600, dealer wanted $2400. Had to rewire the front.

ZR2 suspension is $1000 per corner. It'll need to be replaced or rebuilt by 50k or sooner. That'll wake up some people.
i hope mine blow up under warranty

i hope mine blow up under warranty
Do you think they'll warranty wear parts? I bet past 30k your gonna have trouble. Most shocks fade over a long period of time. Oil and valves wear out. It's so subtle You don't even know it until you replace them and you say "damn I forgot how good this felt".

I'm hoping someone offers a rebuild service, so you can get them tuned up for $400-500 for a set.

Last edited:
Do you think they'll warranty wear parts? I bet past 30k your gonna have trouble. Most shocks fade over a long period of time. Oil and valves wear out. It's so subtle You don't even know it until you replace.them.and you say "damn I forgot how good this felt.

I'm hoping someone offers a rebuild service, so you can get them tuned up for $400-500 for a set.
thats a good question @AXE especially for my extended GM warranty. they list all the parts covered. as far as a rebuilder, im sure there is a service.

Reactions: AXE
I was bitching to a buddy of mine about the plastic fuel door on my '24. I walked over to his '15 Ford and his is plastic too. Damn.
Yep, unbelievable that there's so much hardware that is Tupperware in these rigs.

Most Member Reactions

Back