Plastic Fantastic HD

I have actually been thinking about a High Country over a ZR2 for my next truck...1500 or 2500. Can't do much "off roading" here in FL and would be a better cruiser to visit family up north. We'll see...I love the looks of the ZR2 and AT4X so that may win me over again.
AT4X is nice. gonna say i would get a sierra denali over high country..minimal diff in price.

its nice no doubt...very expensive to fix.
I replaced mine.on my last Tahoe myself. Got the shocks from a local.dealer for about cost $360 for front, $380 for rear with air. Cost me 1600, dealer wanted $2400. Had to rewire the front.

ZR2 suspension is $1000 per corner. It'll need to be replaced or rebuilt by 50k or sooner. That'll wake up some people.

I replaced mine.on my last Tahoe myself. Got the shocks from a local.dealer for about cost $360 for front, $380 for rear with air. Cost me 1600, dealer wanted $2400. Had to rewire the front.

ZR2 suspension is $1000 per corner. It'll need to be replaced or rebuilt by 50k or sooner. That'll wake up some people.
i hope mine blow up under warranty

i hope mine blow up under warranty
Do you think they'll warranty wear parts? I bet past 30k your gonna have trouble. Most shocks fade over a long period of time. Oil and valves wear out. It's so subtle You don't even know it until you replace them and you say "damn I forgot how good this felt".

I'm hoping someone offers a rebuild service, so you can get them tuned up for $400-500 for a set.

Last edited:
Do you think they'll warranty wear parts? I bet past 30k your gonna have trouble. Most shocks fade over a long period of time. Oil and valves wear out. It's so subtle You don't even know it until you replace.them.and you say "damn I forgot how good this felt.

I'm hoping someone offers a rebuild service, so you can get them tuned up for $400-500 for a set.
thats a good question @AXE especially for my extended GM warranty. they list all the parts covered. as far as a rebuilder, im sure there is a service.

Reactions: AXE
I was bitching to a buddy of mine about the plastic fuel door on my '24. I walked over to his '15 Ford and his is plastic too. Damn.
Yep, unbelievable that there's so much hardware that is Tupperware in these rigs.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back