Plastic Steering Column Crooked

Dallasensley

Reaction score
Hey there. I am a bit embarrassed that I didn't notice some of these things before I noticed that my steering wheel column casing is crooked. I don't feel like the truck is driving incorrectly but not sure if this is something I should be concerned about or if it's just cosmetic. It is rotated slightly towards the driver side window. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_4007.jpg
    IMG_4007.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4008.jpg
    IMG_4008.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 147
Brings me some comfort that I am not alone. How long have you had yours and any issues with alignment?

Same here! I was going to bring it up at my first oil change. Doesn’t appear to be effecting anything

Hey there. I am a bit embarrassed that I didn't notice some of these things before I noticed that my steering wheel column casing is crooked. I don't feel like the truck is driving incorrectly but not sure if this is something I should be concerned about or if it's just cosmetic. It is rotated slightly towards the driver side window. What are your thoughts?
i have a rubber boot on top and cant tell. seems fine

Well at least yours doesn't move. Mine rubbed from the factory when I turned the wheel past about 180°. I put some pressure on it and it popped. The dealer will look at it when I get my axle locker actuators replaced. Not impressed with the quality of this 80k truck so far.
giphy.gif

Mine has the same give that yours does lurch. Can easily rock it back and force.

I don't know if it's a fix, but my 2015 2500 HD steering cover would sometimes get slightly out of square. Not sure how, but it did occasionally. I noticed that if I would have the vehicle not running, but acc on, I could crank the wheel opposite direction until it bottomed and a litlle more it would square back up.

I actually think it "floats" on the steering column, so you might be able to twist it by hand.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back