Plastic Wheel Arch Molding

securityguy

Reaction score
Has anyone popped off the front black plastic wheel arch molding above the front tires? I know it just clips on, but I don't just want to start pulling if someone knows fore sure the best way to remove it. Thanks

Has anyone popped off the front black plastic wheel arch molding above the front tires? I know it just clips on, but I don't just want to start pulling if someone knows fore sure the best way to remove it. Thanks
I had mine partially off when fitting larger tires. The clips are in there solid, so you need to pull stay and firmly. But you can stretch or break them easily if not careful. Need to pull the lower piece on bottom of front wheel well first. The plastic may stretch a d bend some too.

FWIW, mine never fit back together as tightly when reinstalled. Not horrible, but not as clean.

I had mine partially off when fitting larger tires. The clips are in there solid, so you need to pull stay and firmly. But you can stretch or break them easily if not careful. Need to pull the lower piece on bottom of front wheel well first. The plastic may stretch a d bend some too.

FWIW, mine never fit back together as tightly when reinstalled. Not horrible, but not as clean.
Thanks. One of mine got damaged so I need to replace it. It comes with all new clips. So…just pull firmly away from the truck and that’s it?

Last edited:
@securityguy
Post in thread 'Fender Flare Removal and Replacement'
https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/fender-flare-removal-and-replacement.1250/post-16568

I will tell you, if your break one of the moldings they are not that expansive. Around 85 bucks retail last time I checked. I personally would probably just replace them if I took them off. Plastic retainers don’t like being reused.
Thanks Wutang! So...just start pulling from one side and they'll pop off? I see that for the front, it doesn't say to remove that bottom section.

Thanks Wutang! So...just start pulling from one side and they'll pop off? I see that for the front, it doesn't say to remove that bottom section.
I would tape the fenders and use a nylon trim tool and try and get as close to each clip as possible. If you deform the molding it will be wonky when it’s reinstalled.

I would tape the fenders and use a nylon trim tool and try and get as close to each clip as possible. If you deform the molding it will be wonky when it’s reinstalled.
Thanks. Not worried at all about deforming the current molding. It is getting replaced with a brand new piece.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. All I had to do is pull the part away from the truck with my hands...no pry tools needed...and it was off in less than a minute. Cleaned up the area well and snapped the replacement part right in. The entire process was less than 5 minutes :)

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back