Rain Sensing Wipers

securityguy

Reaction score
OK guys...I feel stupid asking this question, but how do you use the rain sensing wipers? I've had them before and there is typically an AUTO setting. I have it turned on in my vehicle settings via the touch screen, but I see no AUTO mode on the wiper stalk like GM says should be there. I also searched the owners manual (may have missed it) and see nothing on the topic. Thanks and please excuse my stupidity :)

The "intermittent" hash marks on the wiper stalk are the Sensitivity settings. if Rain Sense is enabled its always on unless the wipers are overridden via the stalk to off or low/high.
That's what I thought as that's all that makes sense. You would think, unless I missed it, that would be in the manual. GM used to have an AUTO setting, but no more.

The "intermittent" hash marks on the wiper stalk are the Sensitivity settings. if Rain Sense is enabled its always on unless the wipers are overridden via the stalk to off or low/high.
I was fooling around with mine today trying to figure this out. Will it adjust speed automatically regardless of the sensitivity setting?

I was fooling around with mine today trying to figure this out. Will it adjust speed automatically regardless of the sensitivity setting?
It’s the sensitivity settings for the system adjusting how fast it ramps the wiper speed or intervals.

Last edited:
If you have the knob turned all the way forwards or off - the rain sense positions, there are two, are the first two marks after off position.

Most Member Reactions

Back