Best Wiper Blade Replacement ?

SeaHunt

Reaction score
My rig is almost one year old and my wiper blades are starting to streak the windshield with all the rain we are having here in Southwest Florida. What wiper blades do you guys recommend ? I hear that the Bosch Icons are good but always opened to other suggestions, Thanks !

May as well buy the cheapest of the quality name brands you can get. I've tried some of those expensive Bosch, Michelin, and Rain X and the cheaper version last as long in hot AZ sun with high UV. $12-14 a wiper is about what they're worth and I've tried those $28+ POS and they lasted a year too.

If you can hold out til black Friday, I got BOGO on Bosch at O'Reilly.

If you want to try and put some citrus cleaner on them and let them soak an hour, then wipe them good, then hit them with a little alcohol. Sometimes they clean up and work again if they ain't damaged or cracked.

May as well buy the cheapest of the quality name brands you can get. I've tried some of those expensive Bosch, Michelin, and Rain X and the cheaper version last as long in hot AZ sun with high UV. $12-14 a wiper is about what they're worth and I've tried those $28+ POS and they lasted a year too.

If you want to try and put some citrus cleaner on them and let them soak an hour, then wipe them good, then hit them with a little alcohol. Sometimes they clean up and work again if they ain't damaged or cracked.
i go with the oem replacements and usually get about 6 months of non streaky use. i also use an alcohol wipe. maybe i will try aftermarket.

Alcohol dries to the rubber

Not really if you rubbing it on with a cloth. It just cleans the debris and citrus off the blade. You can use window cleaner, it may require a few more strokes.

Thank you for your input. I'll try cleaning them up as you mention to see if that helps. We also have that harsh sun here in southwest florida during the summer.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back