RBP vs. AMP research

Stephen S-ZR2

Reaction score
Curious to know if anyone has I stalled RBP and or AMP research running boards on their ZR2 or any other truck really. Just want to get a sense for which of the two people believe are better and why. If there are threads herein on this topic already just point me that way and I’ll take this down to prevent redundancy.

Curious to know if anyone has I stalled RBP and or AMP research running boards on their ZR2 or any other truck really. Just want to get a sense for which of the two people believe are better and why. If there are threads herein on this topic already just point me that way and I’ll take this down to prevent redundancy.
I know several folks who went AMP and were not disappointed. I believe AMP is the "industry standard" when it comes to these type f steps.

Last edited:
Yup Amp steps are sweet! Expensive but very nice.
20221218_100031.jpg

Yup Amp steps are sweet! Expensive but very nice. View attachment 1498
Those look sick for sure. The RBP steps are very similar and the few reviews I’ve seen have all been great. One even claimed something about the RBP steps’ motors being more reliable. I also like the stand alone magnetic triggering system for the RBP steps versus taking up my only OBD port or running a splitter to give me an additional OBD port. The wiring of the AMP steps seems more complicated as compared to the RBP install as well. They are also very similar in price if I’m not mistaken. I’m basically trying to find a reason not to go RBP before I make the purchase. I’m sold on AMP but could just as easily go RBP if the overall reliability part is all the same.

I installed the AMP steps on my truck. Install is time consuming to do it properly…. But the end result is worth it.

Very low profile when not in use and 100 times more useful then high clearance steps when deployed. Fit and function is OE.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back