Rear tow hooks?

Captain Tuttle

Reaction score
Are there any options for aftermarket tow hooks for the rear bumper/frame mounts?

Not interested in a hitch mounted shackle option.

Must be unicorns or my Google fu is weak sauce. No search results on this forum or on Google: “2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 ZR2 rear recovery hooks”.
🤷‍♂️

Are there any options for aftermarket tow hooks for the rear bumper/frame mounts?

Not interested in a hitch mounted shackle option.
I haven't seen any. But I'm pretty sure the bumper mounts are the same on all trims. So searching for just a 23 silverado might get you better results. The rear bumper on a ZR2 just doesn't have the exhaust cut outs. That shouldn't matter with shackle mounts.

How about this variation. I use this with soft shackles. Pulled out a couple vehicles and it works well.

Amazon had this one.

RENO Hitch Slider, 2" Receiver Hitch Slider Skid Protection 45,000 lbs Compatible with Soft Shackle or 3/4" D-Ring Shackle for Trucks Off-Road Vehicle Towing Recovery Hitch Protection (Black) https://a.co/d/1wbbHBl

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Might be an option. That looks as good as the hitch pin that is used. And, I wonder how much lateral load that tab with the hole in it could take.

I prefer the recovery points that bolt onto the rear frame “horns” behind the bumper mounts. Maybe the aftermarket hasn’t caught up yet. I can wait, was just wondering if someone had figured this out already.

Might be an option. That looks as good as the hitch pin that is used. And, I wonder how much lateral load that tab with the hole in it could take.

I prefer the recovery points that bolt onto the rear frame “horns” behind the bumper mounts. Maybe the aftermarket hasn’t caught up yet. I can wait, was just wondering if someone had figured this out already.
I pulled two 2500s out. One had a 125kw generator hooked up. So that has to be over 10k lbs. Not sure what your gonna pull out, but if it's heavier than that, you might trade it off for a 2500HD ZR2 with the Bison package. It has bumper hooks integrated into the frame.

Attachments

• 20231028_164521.jpg
    20231028_164521.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20231005_114628.jpg
    20231005_114628.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 29
Wow, that’s pretty solid. This was with the 41twentytwo piece? That’s impressive performance.

Wow, that’s pretty solid. This was with the 41twentytwo piece? That’s impressive performance.
Yeah, made in USA and I see 10% off now. When I got it, I thought is was a little too lightweight. They claim 37K break strength. Figured what the hell I'll give it a whirl. Seemed pretty strong.

Those were both dead pulls as vehicles had no traction, so I was pulling the full weight. I was using a Bubba strap.

I have a flexible Bubba recovery rope that would also allow for a heavier pull. I use their soft shackles too. Easy to hook up.

The other one is cheaper but made in ChiNa.

Last edited:
That 41.22 slider works great. Saved my ass plenty of times on the trails. Only complaint is the paint is cheap. Also be careful if you have a flex tailgate. It will hit with weight on the gate

I hadn’t even thought about the flex tailgate issue. Now I’ll have to check mine.
Put your tailgate lock into lockdown mode or you'll drop it on the hitch. It forces you to think before you unlock and drop it.

Put your tailgate lock into lockdown mode or you'll drop it on the hitch. It forces you to think before you unlock and drop it.
For now I just took my recovery hook off. How do you “lockdown” the tailgate?

Most Member Reactions

Back