Recommendations for accessories/mods?

I was looking to get an exhaust and a cold air intake for my 23 ZR2, does anyone have any specific brand that they are using and can vouch for? Also, any accessories for the ZR2 that will add to the already badass look of the truck? Just looking to see what other people are doing to their ZR2's...
i have borla/chevy which comes with touring muffler. sounds great when you stomp and zero drone at speed. good luck.

Reactions: AXE
I did the Borla from the factory and added a S&B intake. Did them at same time, hard to tell if there was a difference in power/ sound, but it has to help. Love the sound of the Borla. Pretty loud on initial startup, but settles down after the first 30 seconds, then sounds awesome like a V8 should, IMO.
i did borla also. you hit the nail on the head!!

I was looking to get an exhaust and a cold air intake for my 23 ZR2, does anyone have any specific brand that they are using and can vouch for? Also, any accessories for the ZR2 that will add to the already badass look of the truck? Just looking to see what other people are doing to their ZR2's...
I just did a muffler delete for 150$ and it sounds awesome. I thought I would try it before I dropped a few grand on an exhaust. I love it. No drone when on the highway. Very happy with it and the price.

I just did a muffler delete for 150$ and it sounds awesome. I thought I would try it before I dropped a few grand on an exhaust. I love it. No drone when on the highway. Very happy with it and the price.
That's got to be LOUD AS HELL :oops:

This is the longest clip it will let me post. Cold start.

Attachments

• IMG_6291.MOV
    4.8 MB
This is the longest clip it will let me post. Cold start.
Even with the resonators on, it has to be crazy loud. People have installed Borla ATAK mufflers with the OEM resonators and stated that was way too loud. I went with the Borla Type-S and that's about right to me without upsetting all of my neighbors. I cannot imagine this truck with no muffler at all. If you and your neighbors are happy...then God Bless you my friend.

Even with the resonators on, it has to be crazy loud. People have installed Borla ATAK mufflers with the OEM resonators and stated that was way too loud. I went with the Borla Type-S and that's about right to me without upsetting all of my neighbors. I cannot imagine this truck with no muffler at all. If you and your neighbors are happy...then God Bless you my friend.
I went with the Borla ATAK and absolutely love it. She's loud as hell on the cold start, but quiets right down when she warms up. Only gets loud if I decide to give a lot of gas. If I drive like a normal person she's pretty quiet though.

😂😂😂 cracking me up. I love it and I do not want a loud truck that would annoy my neighbors. I’ve had those and they are the worst. Lol. It’s seriously not that loud. I watched a video on YouTube of the borla exhaust vs muffler delete. The volume when he measures the decibels were virtually identical. Here’s the link:
You can start at 14:40 to skip all the talking or watch the whole thing. After watching the video I decided to try the delete first.

😂😂😂 cracking me up. I love it and I do not want a loud truck that would annoy my neighbors. I’ve had those and they are the worst. Lol. It’s seriously not that loud. I watched a video on YouTube of the borla exhaust vs muffler delete. The volume when he measures the decibels were virtually identical. Here’s the link:
You can start at 14:40 to skip all the talking or watch the whole thing. After watching the video I decided to try the delete first.
I wanted to do that, but we can't do deletes in Ontario. If the cops check it out and see no muffler you're basically screwed.

It takes the S-Type about 30 seconds on cold start to quiet down, but it literally ROARS to life. Same system on both trucks, and both quiet down at almost exactly 30 seconds.
Blue:
Black:

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back