Removable Assist Steps

MiloMLO

Reaction score
Hi All, my 1500 ZR2 came with the Rocker Guards. Anyone else added the Removable Assist Steps to the Rocker Guards? How do you like them? How about the look? These things are a bit pricey IMO, but I am considering adding them. The women (mother, wife, daughter) in my life struggle to climb in this truck w/o some steps.

GM Accessories 85554009 - Removable Assist Steps​

Hi All, my 1500 ZR2 came with the Rocker Guards. Anyone else added the Removable Assist Steps to the Rocker Guards? How do you like them? How about the look? These things are a bit pricey IMO, but I am considering adding them. The women (mother, wife, daughter) in my life struggle to climb in this truck w/o some steps.

GM Accessories 85554009 - Removable Assist Steps​

i like the running board look. few guys here sold their guards. use the search. good luck.

I saw a video the other day, the guy had the full rock slider with steps on his truck, looked pretty weird IMHO, they stuck out very far, and hung down pretty low, I looked to see if I could find the youtube video again but I couldn't. It was a guy I hadn't seen before and can't remember the name or anything, I looked through my history but can't seem to find it. That being said, this could be a time when functionality kinda trumps first visual impressions and I might still consider them in your shoes... until I remember the price, and then, nope. I picked up a set of rock sliders from a member here that were take offs from his Bison for the exact reason as your issue, wife, kids and mom couldn't get into the truck very well so he put on assist steps, when I go rocking I will pull my assist steps and put on the rock sliders, but for now they sit patiently waiting for the day they get used.

1000026603.jpg
This was at one of the dealers by me last year. They look a bit wanky IMHO but functional I guess you can say.

Yeah I couldn’t stomach the price and they do stick out far, so I got the N-Fab podium steps, sold my sliders and pocketed the difference.

Attachments

• IMG_0922.jpeg
    IMG_0922.jpeg
    515.3 KB · Views: 21

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back