Retrax question

TXZR22023

Reaction score
Any of ya'll have a Retrax bed cover?
I want to add a rack to it utilizing the T rails.
Please share what you have used.
Any and all input appreciated.
Thanks

Yeah I've had two. One on my 1500 ZR2 and one on my HD ZR2. I got the Retrax pro Xr both times. My rack is the Yakima overhaul HD. Covers work great. T slot tracks are well made.

20221209_153142.jpg

Have the pro without the tracks. Leaks like a sieve. Tried multiple things to stop it, but bed gets wet in rain with it closed

Have the pro without the tracks. Leaks like a sieve. Tried multiple things to stop it, but bed gets wet in rain with it closed
Is it leaking from where the bed meets the cover frame or is coming the track for the cover?

@cgrubb1 I have had three Retrax covers. If yours is leaking that bad, then it wasn't installed properly.
That's why I asked him where it's coming from. I installed mine myself and the first time I had bad leaks especially in heavy rain. I didn't do a good job installing it.

If it's coming from the connection between the bed. Check your front seal. Make sure you trimmed that weather strip to the right length. I left mine a little long thinking it would shrink.

If it's coming from the track. The gutter is overflowing because you didn't tilt the rails enough during installation. I had both problems and was able to resolve it. On my HD I just did everything right and I didn't have any problems. The beds also aren't square. They flare out in the back. So you have to make sure you adjust those nylon bolts to space everything correctly. Double check everything after the clamps are tight, because stuff can shift when you clamp it down. It's not hard, just several little quirks to getting them on right. Once it's done, it's good.

BTW with a rack it's super easy. You install the uprights and it makes it really easy to tilt the rails and apply down pressure at the same time. Without it a second person pulling back and down on the rails helps a lot.

That's why I asked him where it's coming from. I installed mine myself and the first time I had bad leaks especially in heavy rain. I didn't do a good job installing it.

If it's coming from the connection between the bed. Check your front seal. Make sure you trimmed that weather strip to the right length. I left mine a little long thinking it would shrink.

If it's coming from the track. The gutter is overflowing because you didn't tilt the rails enough during installation. I had both problems and was able to resolve it. On my HD I just did everything right and I didn't have any problems. The beds also aren't square. They flare out in the back. So you have to make sure you adjust those nylon bolts to space everything correctly. Double check everything after the clamps are tight, because stuff can shift when you clamp it down. It's not hard, just several little quirks to getting them on right. Once it's done, it's good.
100%

First was leaking at the corner of the cannister. They replaced it. Don’t see it coming from there anymore. Appears to be leaking from where rails meet bed and also the cover itself.
I did install myself, but put positive drainage on rail, followed instructions. Not sure what else to do keep it from coming in. Open to suggestions

Most Member Reactions

Back