Satin charcoal wrap and debadging

novamine

Reaction score
I recently wrapped my new ZR2 in satin--Overall body is charcoal, bumper and hood molding in black and lower bumper silver. Ceramic coated it after that.
Although I like the dark ash that came with it I was looking more for this color when I bought it. Left the Silverado and 6.2l badges off--but if I did put them back on they would be black. I might do the black ZR2 logo mod where you swap the red in as I like the red. Going to add step bars whenever they decide to ship them to me.

Attachments

• IMG_8653.JPG
    IMG_8653.JPG
    461.3 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_8654.JPG
    IMG_8654.JPG
    450.6 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_8656.JPG
    IMG_8656.JPG
    510.4 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_8657.JPG
    IMG_8657.JPG
    550.3 KB · Views: 620
  • IMG_8658.JPG
    IMG_8658.JPG
    507.1 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_8659.JPG
    IMG_8659.JPG
    447.4 KB · Views: 602
I recently wrapped my new ZR2 in satin--Overall body is charcoal, bumper and hood molding in black and lower bumper silver. Ceramic coated it after that.
Although I like the dark ash that came with it I was looking more for this color when I bought it. Left the Silverado and 6.2l badges off--but if I did put them back on they would be black. I might do the black ZR2 logo mod where you swap the red in as I like the red. Going to add step bars whenever they decide to ship them to me.
What did this project run you $$ if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

Yes, please tell us what the cost is to wrap a Zr2, I have a black Zr2 and wanted to go with a new color.

He mentioned on a ZR2 Facebook group that the wrap cost around $4,600. It looks great but It blows my mind that GM does not offer this darker grey/charcoal color standard with their trucks. Instead, they decided the better option is purple that sometimes looks charcoal when its cloudy/dark.

He mentioned on a ZR2 Facebook group that the wrap cost around $4,600. It looks great but It blows my mind that GM does not offer this darker grey/charcoal color standard with their trucks. Instead, they decided the better option is purple that sometimes looks charcoal when its cloudy/dark.
Agree on a solid charcoal option, I ended up with the black instead

I originally had the Dark Ash Metallic ordered until I saw one in person. You're so right... it looked great in the shade but had a crazy purple tint in the sun. No good! I already have one black car that gets dirty 5 seconds after I wash it so I switched it up to white.

That looks incredible. Guessing the textured paint on the bottom of all the painted areas wasnt a problem.

To each, their own! I love mine in Dark Ash......

I wanted to do mine in a flat or mat army green, but thought $5k was too much for now.😬

nice job..im gonna start debadging. im gonna swap the chrome 6.2l for black.

Most Member Reactions

Back