Should I Do This???

securityguy

Reaction score
OK...I bought a high quality 3M decal on the cheap for giggles to see how it would look on the rear bed panel like the ones on the Trail Boss. If you can, imagine it without the white backer and only the ZR2 logo. The ZR has a carbon fiber look to it and the 2 is clearly red. Should I put them on my truck...YES or NO? I am open to any additional thoughts/recommendations any of you have as well. Thanks my friends!

ZR2 Decal.jpg

ZR2 Decal2.jpg

ZR2 Decal3.jpg

I don't think it would look bad if u removed the emblems on the front fenders and stuck those on.

To each his own. I think it looks great. I would bring it slightly down to the stamped metal body line, and a little more to the front of the truck (further from the tail light 2-3 inches) but now I'm starting to act like its my truck :unsure: lol.

To each his own. I think it looks great. I would bring it slightly down to the stamped metal body line, and a little more to the front of the truck (further from the tail light 2-3 inches) but now I'm starting to act like its my truck :unsure: lol.
Hey my friend...open to any and all input. If I stick them on, they can't be moved so I'd like to get it right from the get-go!

I like them
I had started another thread about bed decals. Sometimes I feel the bed looks too clean without it.

I am a minimalist when it comes to badging I was debating just to de-badge until I saw those Red and Black badges because chrome is gross lol... But will still probably just de-badge anyway. Clean is always better in my opinion like they said above to each their own.

That would make 6 ZR2 badges on the truck. Do you plan on taking off the front ones? I kinda like that the bed is clean. Let the TB keep that tattoo. My .02 only. I took all the 'chrome' off mine. Only thing not black or sand dune are the tow hooks, for now. Too many colors from the factory.

Last edited:
I was thinking about doing the same, I like it but then I think it’s overkill….idk

On the other hand, I saw a F-150 Tremor and that has the Tremor on front fenders, Tremor on the bed and then on the tailgate.

I want something else on the truck, but I'm not sure about 2 ZR2 badges. I kinda wish the ZR2 came in a Texas Edition like my LTZ. The Texas Edition badge on the doors would make a nice balance. Bottom line, something else would balance the truck but not another ZR2

I want something else on the truck, but I'm not sure about 2 ZR2 badges. I kinda wish the ZR2 came in a Texas Edition like my LTZ. The Texas Edition badge on the doors would make a nice balance. Bottom line, something else would balance the truck but not another ZR2
Interesting thought. Not sure I agree, but an interesting thought nonetheless my friend. Thanks for sharing.

Don't like it. The carbon fiber looks "funny" against the gloss black. Just my opinion.
I really don't like sticking things on paint. Waxing around stickers/decals/etc is a pain.
With that being said, my truck is white and I do think the bed is kinda plain. I do like the sticker WestCoastWave suggested for a white truck.

Don't like it. The carbon fiber looks "funny" against the gloss black. Just my opinion.
I really don't like sticking things on paint. Waxing around stickers/decals/etc is a pain.
With that being said, my truck is white and I do think the bed is kinda plain. I do like the sticker WestCoastWave suggested for a white truck.
Thanks. You do know you can wax over TOP of the decal...right?

Yep. But sometimes when wax dries it may leave a white haze at the edge of a decal/emblem. Looks crappy. Especially on black/dark vehicles. However, when black is buffed and polished, it looks amazing.

Yep. But sometimes when wax dries it may leave a white haze at the edge of a decal/emblem. Looks crappy. Especially on black/dark vehicles. However, when black is buffed and polished, it looks amazing.
That's why you ceramic coat and not use wax based products :)

OK...so I have decided that I do want to do something different that may pop a bit more. Either a custom design created at my local Fast Signs store, or maybe I just haven't found exactly what I want yet that's out there somewhere. Maybe an outline of all RED for the ZR2 on the black background??? Maybe an off-shoot of what @WestCoastWake posted. Either way, if anyone would like the two decals I purchased shown in my original post, PM me and I will send them to you for the cost of the postage...the decals themselves will be no-charge.

Do a Ghost logo - aka, have it red/black/carbon fibre but faint enough you only see it when the sun hits.

Most Member Reactions

Back