Silverado Seats: Help!

So I have a deal ready to go tomorrow on an awesome duramax in slate grey. Love the capabilities and the look.

BUT

Setup: I drive 40k+ miles a year. Long multi-day journeys are frequent—10 hour drive days. I’m 6’0” and 190. In good shape. 50 something.

Issue: I’ve read many complaints about seat comfort. This perhaps should be a deal breaker for me!?! I’m leaning against the purchase.

I did a 20 mile test drive. I did notice when setting up the seats that they weren’t the most comfortable and to some effort to get position dialed. Didn’t have long enough on the highway to get a feel for long drive comfort.

Please tell me—do the seats on long drives make you regretful?

Long drive comfort is a major requirement for me. Is the Silverado ZR2 the wrong truck for me?
I love my ZR2 but I have to say, long drives in these uncomfortable seats are rough. I’m 56, good shape, and after long rides I’m regretting my purchase

I love my ZR2 but I have to say, long drives in these uncomfortable seats are rough. I’m 56, good shape, and after long rides I’m regretting my purchase
my longest ride has been abour 5 hours. im 6ft, 200lbs and after adjusting boltser and height, it wasnt terrible but i get where you are coming from. my 21 denali was plush. maybe a memory foam pad??

Reactions: AXE
So I drove 15 hours yesterday. 7.5 hours in the 1500 and 7.5 hours in the 2500 on the way back. Thousand miles in a day with just a 2 hour break in the middle. I don't understand the complaints on ZR2 seats, lol. They seem pretty good to me. I didn't get sore and I felt comfortable. Granted they aren't super soft. But IME really soft seats don't hold up well. Especially if they aren't cloth.

So I drove 15 hours yesterday. 7.5 hours in the 1500 and 7.5 hours in the 2500 on the way back. Thousand miles in a day with just a 2 hour break in the middle. I don't understand the complaints on ZR2 seats, lol. They seem pretty good to me. I didn't get sore and I felt comfortable. Granted they aren't super soft. But IME really soft seats don't hold up well. Especially if they aren't cloth.
I felt the same on my long road trip. No problem with 8 to 10 hours of seat time. A few breaks every 2 to 3 hours.

I still think my 2005 with cloth seats were the most comfortable seats and felt good with that velvet like material. Cleaned easily and still looked at 150k miles.

Took mine on a 600 mile trip each way towing the trailer with the Harley’s. All I can say is the ZR2 seats are way more comfortable than the seats were in my 2017 Silverado 1500 LT.

Most Member Reactions

Back